No announcement yet.

1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your first post in this thread ended with...."The plan is to make it better than new"

You certainly are. Well done work, documentation and knowledge sharing!

Comment

7si 70 amp Alternator upgrade to make this work i had to up size the 10 gauge battery wire to 8 gauge fore the extra current and attach the purple wire to the I and S on the small connector on rear. I installed a new belt and set the tension to 75lb. A good way to get the belt tension right if you do not have a belt tension gauge is to twist the belt between your two fingers as far as you can twist it, 90 degrees should be very close less is to much and more is to loose.
      I also upgraded the starter to a permanent magnet starter the benefit smaller, lighter and requires 50% less current to start the engine.
      The last photo the engine mounted on test stand.
      Attached Files

Comment

This one?

http://www.apimarine.com/marine-elec...9-18-5603.html
        1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

That is the correct starter.
          I bought my starter from Go2marine there SKU 114769 (10059DRPG-LH) same price as your link but when you pull up the web sight they will offer you a $10 discount if you sign up they also do free shipping.
          You will also need to replace the mounting bolts because the mounting flange is thicker on the new starter.

Here is also the Alternator info.
          Alternator (7SI) 400-12160 DB Electric Amazon
          2 wire plug 358-9801358 Maniac EM Amazon
          Belt 6K325 ACDelco Amazon

Comment

Detail...

How about a little information on the portable fuel cell at the test stand? A few more photos?

And how much (sale) for the Cadet?

Thanks.

Last edited by waterlogged882; 06-09-2021, 11:38 AM.
            93 190
            (safe click)

Comment

Wow, beautiful work. I saw your post with the part number for the weatherstrip under the windshield. Are you replacing or reusing the rubber from the screw track? Would you happen to have the PN for that piece? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dfend_93_190 View Post
                Wow, beautiful work. I saw your post with the part number for the weatherstrip under the windshield. Are you replacing or reusing the rubber from the screw track? Would you happen to have the PN for that piece? Thanks.
                Do a search on Taylor made Windshield screw cover. This should lead you in the right direction.
                The original cover was black foam rubber and just pushed in the channel.

Comment

I bought the fuel cell on ebay $50.00 it is 2.5 gallons and turned out to be a perfect fit for this project.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the response. Got a chance to get to my boat and now see what you mean, should be easy from there. Thanks again.

Comment

This is beautiful, great job

Comment

This is a IR photo I took the engine idling for 15 minutes run time from a cold start. The engine is up to temp and both Thermostats are working properly to control the engine temperature.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great thread - thanks for sharing!

Comment

The neat freak and engine geek in me are turning cartwheels. Nice work here!!
                            Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Very cool...incredibly fun to watch. thanks for sharing

Comment

I just finished drilling the mounting holes for the new exhaust tips. The original tips were held on with self taping screws and I am not a big fan of securing them that way. The new tips were custom made to my specifications by Harden Marine. I just send them a Auto Cad drawing of what I want about 10 days later the box with the new Tips is on the front Porch. I made sure to position the mounting holes so I can put stainless stop nuts and washers on the mounting screws.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X