1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
    I just finished drilling the mounting holes for the new exhaust tips. The original tips were held on with self taping screws and I am not a big fan of securing them that way. The new tips were custom made to my specifications by Harden Marine. I just send them a Auto Cad drawing of what I want about 10 days later the box with the new Tips is on the front Porch. I made sure to position the mounting holes so I can put stainless stop nuts and washers on the mounting screws.
    What did you fill the other holes with?

Did you stay 3" diameter (inboard)?

93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
      What did you fill the other holes with?

Did you stay 3" diameter (inboard)?

Filling the holes was EZ I dropped it off at Eddies Fast Glass near Nashville TN. I told him to fill all the holes down there Except the big ones.

I stayed 3" threw the hull so the big hole and the exhaust stayed the same made it about a inch longer on in side more clamping space. We are 4" on the out side for looks and The ring has the same OD as the plastic one. I designed it as close as possible to plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
        Filling the holes was EZ I dropped it off at Eddies Fast Glass near Nashville TN. I told him to fill all the holes down there Except the big ones.

I stayed 3" threw the hull so the big hole and the exhaust stayed the same made it about a inch longer on in side more clamping space. We are 4" on the out side for looks and The ring has the same OD as the plastic one. I designed it as close as possible to plug and play.
        Just as I thought on the diameter of the system.

I am familiar with Eddie's shop. I also tried Stones River in Murfreesboro but got nothing but a dead end answering machine there.

Keep going. Fun watching.

Thank you.

93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

You have the boat at Viper Customs now or next month; can't remember when you said it was going.
          1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

Originally posted by bret View Post
            You have the boat at Viper Customs now or next month; can't remember when you said it was going.
            The Boat is scheduled at Viper Customs second Week in August for a full vinyl and carpet make over.
            The plan it to try and stay with the original look. I am in the process of removing the top off the hull.
            I have drilled out the 200 or so pop rivets and cut the seal loose the top is ready to come off.
            I will need to fabricate a wooden support to suspend over the top and attached in about seven locations from the front to rear to lift it with out to much flexing and support it wile off the hull.

Comment

The viper crew who did mine
              Attached Files

Comment

Guy on the right did my original interior back in 1993 while he was st MC ... he signed the plastic part of the driver seat back then ... so when he pulled the drivers seat apart there was his signature and date ... so he resigned it!

Comment

Good people

I kept the original pattern, just upgrade the vinyl material and added piping

Can’t wait to see

Comment

Carl did my skins also. Took a couple of trips but I live close by. He's one of the better craftsman around these parts. Viper Jim is just the middle man.

93 190
                    (safe click)

Comment

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
                      Carl did my skins also. Took a couple of trips but I live close by. He's one of the better craftsman around these parts. Viper Jim is just the middle man.

indeed Carl is great

Comment

That motor box looks Huge in the photo, like you've got a Marine 502 underneath!!

Comment

yeah i probably should have kept the old one ... just wanted something different

Comment

1994 Protour 190 Restoration

The original interior cleaned up ok but I am hoping a a rework at Viper Custom will give it that new look and feel.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think those would sell on teamtalk after you get done

Comment

Are you going for new foam, or just skins.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Working...
                                X