1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
    Are you going for new foam, or just skins.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    All new vinyl, foam and Carpet. This should make it look and feel like new inside.

Comment

Power slot transmission rebuild I had to fabricate tools to remove and reinstall the big nut on the out put coupling. I took it all the way apart cleaned and inspected. The unit was in good shape for its age with the exception of the front and rear shaft seals the rubber was separating you can see it in the photo. I went ahead gave it a full overhaul the parts I replaced are shown in the last photo.
      Attached Files

Comment

I like your style.
        The OCD is strong with you.
        Awesome project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you are very organized with your stuff. Can't wait to see more updates.

Comment

Last night's project cut out new front floor board.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
              Filling the holes was EZ I dropped it off at Eddies Fast Glass near Nashville TN. I told him to fill all the holes down there Except the big ones.

I stayed 3" threw the hull so the big hole and the exhaust stayed the same made it about a inch longer on in side more clamping space. We are 4" on the out side for looks and The ring has the same OD as the plastic one. I designed it as close as possible to plug and play.
              Eddie does magical fiberglass work. The guy has a real gift. Loving this thread btw!

Comment

Excellent work! Nice to see the level of TLC and the creative steps you are taking with the rebuilt. Do you plan to test the trans prior to install, can be done via an electric motor with a belt to spin the trans.

Comment

Crushing it with all the information. Thanks for sharing. Great Job!

Comment

Originally posted by dw1 View Post
                    Excellent work! Nice to see the level of TLC and the creative steps you are taking with the rebuilt. Do you plan to test the trans prior to install, can be done via an electric motor with a belt to spin the trans.
                    I was able to test the transmission after I ran the engine on the stand I made. I have a video of this but just can’t get it to load on this site.

Comment

• https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/568386440

see if this works
                      1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• wow ... that is impressive

Comment

• Any update...have you separated the hull for Viper yet?
                          1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• Here are some photos of the support I fabricated to stabilize the deck. I found the balance point and lifted it up a inch off the hull it came up evenly with no pops or cracking. I plan on removing it and setting it on some stands.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Outstanding as always!

Comment

• I got the top removed this weekend.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X