• RDahler
    replied
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    What RPM?
    The RPM look like tracking the speed 4825 at 48.2 MPH and 3000 at 30 MPH

Leave a comment:

• edwin
    replied
    What an absolute beautiful boat...incredible job on the refurb. Without question, a finer example of a 93 Prostar cannot be found.

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Here are a few pictures of the finished project. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1473.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	2711421 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1475.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	2711422 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2711423

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	196.7 KB ID:	2707603 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.2 KB ID:	2707604 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1419.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	2707605 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.7 KB ID:	2707606 I moved the Temp gauge sensor from the side of the mixer to the port in the head between spark plugs 1 and 3 this gives a more accurate temp indication. Indmar made this change in mid 1994 and on. I was able to reattach the sensor wire at the new location by just rerouting it. This location shows the normal cylinder head temp of 170
    The last photo my first tow behind the renewed Protour 190

Leave a comment:

• Ski-me
    replied
    Amazing work and so much great information! Thanks for sharing so many details....

Leave a comment:

• brucemac
    replied
    Beautiful work. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1134.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2706666
    Originally posted by ONTHECOAST View Post
    What RPM?
    I guess I should have looked at the RPM but I did not scan that during that run. I was watching the oil,temp and speed for the short run that I made. The Mastercraft specification for this boat was 47 MPH with a 3 blade prop. I was told the 4 blade prop may slow it down a few MPH. The next time out if I get a chance to run it up again I will take a photo of the dash and post it.
    Last edited by RDahler; 06-06-2022, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ONTHECOAST
    replied
    What RPM?

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Originally posted by bret View Post
    Has your wife skied behind it yet?
    Hi Bret
    I have a little over six hours running time on the engine now the rings look like they have broken in just right the oil consumption is near 0. So I decided to go for a full power run for a short distance and see what she will do. Both GPS speedometers showed 48.2 mph and the engine was running as smooth as silk.
    Next time out we will hook a ski rope to her I think she is ready to tow.

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    Has your wife skied behind it yet?

Leave a comment:

• 2RLAKE
    replied
    wow ....what a get thread .... huge congrats on your masterpiece

Leave a comment:

• RDahler
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	2705742 I have also done a total restoration on inside of my lake house and work shop behind it at the same time. The house is finished ,The 94 Protour 190 finished and I just need to paint the trim in the work shop. I also have a 2013 X25 to take care of and I am getting ready to start the restoration on a 1987 K5 blazer that I have. Some time this summer I will do the trailer on the 190.
    I am planning on taking the 190 out some this weekend and will take some on the water pictures of it and post then soon.

Leave a comment:

• bturner2
    replied
    Nice boat but what have you worked on lately?

Absolutely kidding of course. The journey you've documented restoring this boat has been more over the top than any other I've personally seen. That said most people I know that have completed similar projects such as this don't sit still long. Any plans for a follow up or are you good for the foreseeable future?

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied
    A few more I had from the other day...

Leave a comment:

• bret
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X