1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Protour 190 Restoration

Here are some photos of the progress. The plan is to make it better than new.
    Attached Files

Great plan! Looks like Powerslot too?

Comment

This boat is the real deal a Bud water Ski Tour boat it was manufactured at the Maryville Tn, plant in June 93. The boat has the original LT1 engine, power slot transmission and prop. It never had a radio or speakers installed in it. Not shown in the photo It also came with the original T top. I am about 6 months into the Restoration and have taken a lot of photos.

Comment

I started by taking the big T Helm apart and cleaning the old dried out Grease. Found the large plastic bushing had worked it's way up the shaft out of the housing just a press fit. This put a lot of play in the steering system. I staked the housing in four places above the bushing during reassembly problem solved. I used Mercury 2-4-c grease to repack the housing.
        Had to install a screw on adapter for the new steering cable as the old screw on type in NLA.
        Attached Files

Comment

Next I removed the windshield from the boat and carefully the frames from the glass.
          The original black paint was striped from the frames. I had the Aluminum frames Black Anodized and reassembled to the glass.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Could you come and do my windshield! :-)
            2000 MC SportStar
            2017 SQ5
            2009 KTM 530 Exc
            2012 BMW K1300r

Comment

He's just getting started with the pictures and the stunning work he's already done; simply amazing stuff!
              1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

WOW, looking good! going to follow this with interest!
                Cheers

Mark

'99 Mastercraft ProStar 205 330-LTR

Comment

We have the same boat, just with the larger TV decals. Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by RDahler View Post
                    Next I removed the windshield from the boat and carefully the frames from the glass.
                    The original black paint was striped from the frames. I had the Aluminum frames Black Anodized and reassembled to the glass.

WOOW! Looks amazing!
                    Can you tell me where you found the foam seal on the front bottom of the windshield?
                    I think you will replace them too. Mine have shrunk through the years, become brittle, and should be replaced and I haven't found any suitable.

Comment

The Foam seal that runs under the bottom of the windshield all the way around. Trim Lok Boat Dual Seal Molding X-1333 HT 3/4 Great Lakes Skipper PN 1070904 they sell it by the foot I ordered 16 feet you can by it from there sight or from them on EBAY. You will have to remove the complete windshield assembly you can not just slide off the center section. The new seal has two adhesive stripes on it and just sticks on the bottom.

Comment

Looks great!
                        1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                        2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

This seems to be a common problem the Aluminum Honeycomb floor panel behind the engine cover were the hinges attach just gets reamed out over time. This type of floor panel needs a Aluminum Doubler under it to spread the load. Mastercraft at some point fixed this problem by adding a Doubler.
                          The four screws that hold the panel in place are also problematic.
                          I decided to replace with 1 inch Marine Coosa Board Bluewater 26.
                          The original panels Weight 7 pounds. The Cossa Board 16 pounds.
                          I fabricated a Doubler out of some 1/4 T6 Aluminum plate and mounting brackets to get the screws off the edge of the panel and threaded all the screw holes to make it easy to remove.
                          This should be a permanent fix to this problem.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by RDahler; 05-26-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

more pictures
                            Attached Files

Comment

The Foam seal that runs under the bottom of the windshield all the way around. Trim Lok Boat Dual Seal Molding X-1333 HT 3/4 Great Lakes Skipper PN 1070904 they sell it by the foot I ordered 16 feet you can by it from there sight or from them on EBAY. You will have to remove the complete windshield assembly you can not just slide off the center section. The new seal has two adhesive stripes on it and just sticks on the bottom.

Great! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X