No announcement yet.

2003 X2 "Restoration" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds like a worthwhile upgrade, i'd love to hear the difference in sound with all the gizmos versus playing spotify or XM from my phone.

Comment

• Man, you're killin it! Everything looks great. I have the same boat and looking at putting a subwoofer in. Did you make that box yourself? What is the depth of the box? Did you take out the kick plate behind it or just set it in front of it? I have pretty long legs and my concern is loosing too much leg room but it seems like the logical location for this boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jj91 View Post
        Man, you're killin it! Everything looks great. I have the same boat and looking at putting a subwoofer in. Did you make that box yourself? What is the depth of the box? Did you take out the kick plate behind it or just set it in front of it? I have pretty long legs and my concern is loosing too much leg room but it seems like the logical location for this boat.
        Thanks! I had my shop buildout the subwoofer. It's really more of baffle & façade versus a sealed/ported box. JL's M7 12IB is an infinite baffle woofer. So what you see there is really a partial box that opens up into the storage area under the bow seats. I did remove the kick panel and currently feeding it 600W RMS from 5&6 bridged on a Wet Sounds Syn6. Sounds great!
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• New satin black raised OEM badging. Loving it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1167.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.2 KB ID:	2703038

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1170.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.9 KB ID:	2703039

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1168.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.8 KB ID:	2703040
          ¡Viva 205V!
          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Love it! Looks awesome!

Comment

• Knocked out the other side this afternoon. Not much left to do, but enjoy!!! She goes in Tuesday for spring service.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	2703115

¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Looks so awesome. Can’t wait to see photos of it on the water.

Comment

• Well done! You pretty much have a new boat.

Comment

• That looks great. Maybe one day I'll get over the Sammamish and will get to see her in person.
                      2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

Comment

• Originally posted by prostar205 View Post
                        That looks great. Maybe one day I'll get over the Sammamish and will get to see her in person.
                        You should definitely make the short trip. You don't need to pull your boat. Just look us up. One of few who appreciates what has been done.
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• PTM Edge VR-140 Pro. Will let my son pull the plastic off. Evidently he thinks it's pretty satisfying.

Name:	IMG_1222.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	2704148

Name:	IMG_1219.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	2704149
                          ¡Viva 205V!
                          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Nice, where'd you get the tower mirror mount ? OEM ?
                            2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

• Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                              Nice, where'd you get the tower mirror mount ? OEM ?
                              Thanks! Yeah, original. PTM's RTS-100 rod to scoop adapter fits perfectly. Didn't want to mount to the windshield frame.
                              ¡Viva 205V!
                              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by brucemac View Post

Thanks! Yeah, original. PTM's RTS-100 rod to scoop adapter fits perfectly. Didn't want to mount to the windshield frame.
                                I have the same mirror mounted to the windshield. Tip for new users - use the knob that comes with the mount not the mirror knob if you're using a windshield mount. The mirror knob bottoms out and doesn't allow it to tighten all the way.
                                2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Working...
                                X