No announcement yet.

2003 X2 "Restoration" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! that looks fantastic! I have decadence in my Prostar but was on the fence about replacing the carpet in my X2. I think your post just cost me some money!

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post

Thanks, it's one piece in the cabin up to the walk-thru, no cut-outs, but you just pull it back if you need access. We have plumbed ballast in there, so aren't in there but maybe 2 or 3 times a year. If your familiar with the hull, you know there's a slight transition at the walk-thru and that the bow floor sits a little lower than the cabin. They installed a double-sided snap at this transition so that the aft side of the bow piece of Deckadence snaps over and onto the main larger section. Pretty clever, IMO. The thin lighter gray horizontal line you see in the pic above is a double-sided stitched piece of Spradling Zander Pearl Gray right at the transition and is attached to the larger cabin piece.
      Interesting, you don't happen to have a close up of the snap/transition area do you ? I can see myself doing a flooring replacement project in the next few years. The carpet is in good shape but it's 21 years old ...
      2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
        WOW! that looks fantastic! I have decadence in my Prostar but was on the fence about replacing the carpet in my X2. I think your post just cost me some money!
        Thanks, we're super happy with it. I have no doubt we're going to love the Deckadence. I need to address the forward deck hatch (access to forward drain plug and bilge). Need to either find something that can be installed 100% flush, or fabricate something that removes the slight hump from the cover plate. Most people wouldn't probably even notice, but I do, so it will get resolved. The beauty though is that now with the carpet gone, removing that large access panel is a breeze now.
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post

Interesting, you don't happen to have a close up of the snap/transition area do you ? I can see myself doing a flooring replacement project in the next few years. The carpet is in good shape but it's 21 years old ...
          You bet, happy to oblige. I can see this small vinyl piece needing to be replaced down the road and definitely cleaned regularly, but It looks way better than seeing the raw edge of the flooring looking aft from the bow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	560.4 KB
ID:	2694915

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	2694916​​​​​​​
          ¡Viva 205V!
          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

You bet, happy to oblige. I can see this small vinyl piece needing to be replaced down the road and definitely cleaned regularly, but It looks way better than seeing the raw edge of the flooring looking aft from the bow.
            Thanks, looks great !
            2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Thank you and will do. I'm hoping to get the new wheels/tires on this weekend. PM me your email addy and I'll send you some high-res photos.
              Done. Should be in your inbox.

Comment

SeaDek custom trailer step pads showed up. Happy Thanksgiving!

Name:	IMG_0208b.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	2694956
                ¡Viva 205V!
                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Happy Holidays! One down, four to go. Yes, easy one first, get over it.

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	2696194
                  ¡Viva 205V!
                  2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Happy Holidays! One down, four to go. Yes, easy one first, get over it.

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	2696194
                    Looking great, man! Way to go

Comment

3 down

Name:	IMG_0474.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	2696943
                      ¡Viva 205V!
                      2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Bruce are those 14” or 15” wheels?

Comment

Looking good!
                          1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                          2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                            Bruce are those 14” or 15” wheels?
                            They are 14’s.
                            ¡Viva 205V!
                            2003 X2 MCX

Comment

This looks incredible, very well done. Where did you purchase the wheels/tires from? I'm going to look into the trailer step pads. I have a 2001 prostar 209 and the trailer pads need work. I'd also like to upgrade the wheels/tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 01star View Post
                                This looks incredible, very well done. Where did you purchase the wheels/tires from? I'm going to look into the trailer step pads. I have a 2001 prostar 209 and the trailer pads need work. I'd also like to upgrade the wheels/tires.
                                Thank you. We’re super pleased with how it’s coming along. Few more little projects to complete including an audio upgrade and new OEM decals, but need a little warmer weather and still waiting on the JL M7 sub. Wheels and tires came from Pete on this forum. He’s been great to work with and this is my second set from him. His email is [email protected]. Would definitely recommend.

¡Viva 205V!
                                2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Working...
                                X