Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 X2 "Restoration" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Love your boat... And thanks for posting all the great info. I just bought a 2007 X2 needing some TLC. This thread has given me some great ideas and inspiration. Gota do all the maintenance work first but I may have some questions for you when I get there. THANKS.

    Comment


    • #92
      Did you ever post what interior colors you used? I thought I saw Spradling Zander in Pearl Grey. What is the white and the others?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by BrianS View Post
        Did you ever post what interior colors you used? I thought I saw Spradling Zander in Pearl Grey. What is the white and the others?
        Hi Brian. Did you see the photos on page 5 of this thread? I thought I had called them out, but may have been in another thread. You might want to investigate the carbon fiber black. There may be another SKU out there from Spradling, but our shop wasn't finding it. My black has a little less sheen than the 2nd accent color I used. The CAR-1100 black has somewhat more of a satin finish next to the Charcoal CBF660. I'm totally fine with it and it may be somewhat of an optical illusion, but that's what my eyes see. Haven't juiced them up with 303 yet either, so that may change. Also, for other's reading this, don't let the name 'charcoal' fool you, it's really a darker grey (see picture below). Not as light/bright and "silvery" as the the other carbon fiber 'Silver'. The Arctic Sky and Pearl Grey are a near perfect match to my original OEM base & bolster colors. I don't think I could have gotten any closer. Arctic Sky has an ever so slightly hint of grey hue to it. Looks great up against the white hull and grey Deckadence. When you see smaller samples of Arctic Sky and Pearl Grey next to each other you might question if there is enough contrast, but when you see them in the boat, they look great. Highly recommend ordering samples from Spradling or sitting down with your shop and looking at their samples.

        All of this is Spradling:

        Base Color
        Zander Arctic Sky ZAN-3110

        Bolsters
        Zander Pearl Grey ZAN-3112

        Accents
        Carbon Fiber Charcoal CBF660
        Carbon Fiber Black CAR-1100

        Hope this helps and good luck with your vinyl resto. Let me know if you need any additional pictures.


        Click image for larger version  Name:	Spradling.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	2697385
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

        Comment


        • #94
          Thanks Bruce. You hit the nail on the head. I have all the samples from Spradling, but looking at Arctic Sky vs Pearl Grey I wondered if there was enough contrast. After taking them out in the sunlight, I think I agree with you that those are the best matches to the original colors. I was leaning Pure White but worried about it showing dirt.

          For accents, I'm going with the Spradling Carbon Fiber Silver and a carbon fiber red called Torch Fire. I also noticed that the Torch Fire is more matte than the sheen on the silver carbon fiber, but I don't think it will be a problem, just different.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by BrianS View Post
            Thanks Bruce. You hit the nail on the head. I have all the samples from Spradling, but looking at Arctic Sky vs Pearl Grey I wondered if there was enough contrast. After taking them out in the sunlight, I think I agree with you that those are the best matches to the original colors. I was leaning Pure White but worried about it showing dirt.

            For accents, I'm going with the Spradling Carbon Fiber Silver and a carbon fiber red called Torch Fire. I also noticed that the Torch Fire is more matte than the sheen on the silver carbon fiber, but I don't think it will be a problem, just different.

            Yeah, I think you may end up regretting Pure White. Too bright and would show everything.
            ¡Viva 205V!
            2003 X2 MCX

            Comment


            • #96
              Replaced all trailer incandescent with LED's. Wow, what a difference. Should have done that a long time ago.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0531.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	2697470
              ¡Viva 205V!
              2003 X2 MCX

              Comment


              • #97
                Couple questions....would I be able to find that template you used for the trailer steps? does the website/company have it on hand? I'm interested in ordering some new trailer step pads for my trailer. Also, what JL audio speakers are those? do they have the LED lights inside? model? Thank you!

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by 01star View Post
                  Couple questions....would I be able to find that template you used for the trailer steps? does the website/company have it on hand? I'm interested in ordering some new trailer step pads for my trailer. Also, what JL audio speakers are those? do they have the LED lights inside? model? Thank you!
                  You bet, here you go:

                  SeaDek template/drawing number 34415
                  In-boats are JL Audio M3-650X-S-Gw-i

                  The M3 LED's shine back at the woofer cone. The M6 versions are a bit nicer and shine through the woofer cone from behind, but I didn't have the depth. You'll need a controller and there's obviously additional wiring. Also adding M6-880 tower speakers (M6-770ETXv3-Sb-S-GmTi-i) and M7-12IB subwoofer (M7-12IB-S-GwGw-i-4).
                  Last edited by brucemac; 01-19-2022, 05:03 PM.
                  ¡Viva 205V!
                  2003 X2 MCX

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Clean Bruce!
                    www.nwboatsports.com
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
                      Clean Bruce!
                      Thanks Sand!!! Hope all is well!

                      Thanks Skyskiguy for the tip on mounting my new ratchet tie downs. Was a bit of a pain reaching down inside the frame without the right tool, but I was able to get it done with some blue painters tape.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0670.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	2698330
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2698331
                      ¡Viva 205V!
                      2003 X2 MCX

                      Comment


                      • New SeaDek Custom Step Pads installed.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0725b.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	2698640

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726b.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	2698641
                        ¡Viva 205V!
                        2003 X2 MCX

                        Comment


                        • Those are sharp! I like the texture.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                            New SeaDek Custom Step Pads installed.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0725b.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	2698640

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0726b.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	2698641
                            Those look great. Did you change out the other pads on the front and rear portions of the fender?
                            2002, X30, L-18, Red Metal Flake (the possessed boat)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by prostar205 View Post

                              Those look great. Did you change out the other pads on the front and rear portions of the fender?
                              Thanks. Yeah, SeaDek drawing# 34415 came with 6 pieces in total. Attached their file with dims in case it helps you or anybody else who may be looking to do something similar on the same trailer fenders. Everything after the "34415-" designates colors, texture and edge style. It was a little wonky working with them as they (at least at the time) only communicated via email, so there was a fair amount of back and forth early on, but they beat their 12 week estimated lead time by roughly half. If I had to do it again and it was easy for them to adjust without a new template, I'd probably have them add a ~1/16in all the way around, just to make cleaning up the old glue easier. Old pads ripped right up and these are a breeze to install. I think they look great.

                              Boat goes back to Hoglund's on the 8th for subwoofer, head unit and tower speaker install. Can't wait!
                              Attached Files
                              ¡Viva 205V!
                              2003 X2 MCX

                              Comment


                              • New teak platform and new brackets. Shout out to Tommy at Teak World. Awesome guy, awesome company.

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	2700165
                                ¡Viva 205V!
                                2003 X2 MCX

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X