Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additives K-100 (STABIL Questionable)

"I would have not believed it if I had not seen it myself"

Three weeks ago before I helped winterize a 93 Prostar190 285 HP HO, I took the boat out for a final spin around Henderson Harbor in Upstate NY. Having driven 100s of inboards in all kinds of conditions, I was asked if I saw or felt a difference in performance of the boat. I did!150-200 extra RPMs along with a better hole shot. Why you ask ? A leeser known additive call K-100. A small company in upstate NewYork called KENETIC Labs produces this stuff and the family owned business had no idea what they had. In the past we where using SEAFOAM from NAPA. Another good additive. But not like K-100. After using it we contacted the company for a demo. The rep showed up from the Florida area and did a experiment right in front of us with STABIL, STP gas treatment and K-100. The viles tell the story. Each vile has equal amounts of water and additive. Look closely. The vile on the left (2 weeks old) has STABIL and water. The nail in it is rusting away... there is still water at the bottom. The vile in the middle is STP...rust on the nail and water is still seperated out. The vile on the right is K-100. NO RUST AND NO WATER. K-100 combines with the water molecule and allows it to burn YES BURN. We took a papertowel used it as a WICK and it continued to burn like a candle.

This additive is AWESOME ! Increased performance, cleans the combustion chambers (when the K-100 BURNS) the "Coated" water molecule is ignited at over 2000 deg and basically steam cleans you combustion chamber of all excess carbon. Increased HP because it acts like a OCTANE booster, lastly it protects your metal parts in the fuel system. SEE NO RUST IT PROTECTS. Try this stuff. It works. We have SOLD probably 20 of the small 8oz. bottles just for performance. Everyone so far says the "STUFF REALLY WORKS" I would have not believed it myself.

P.S. I wanted to try one of these smiley things!

Jim @ Bay Area WaterSports Tampa FL

www.k100ft.com

www.bayareawatersports.com
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-30-2004, 05:10 PM.
    James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
    Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
    (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Why is there so much less in the bottle on the right? Also, typical combustion temperature is in the area of 1500 degrees, give or take. A trick old time drag racers used was to inject a little water at the intake when they needed a boost. It makes the air charge more dense and cooler, giving more expansion.

Comment

The additive and the water where burned in the WICK + the absorbtion in the papertowel removed some of it.

Jim N This is GOOD STUFF !!!

Jim @ BAWS

(813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

It was my boat

It was my boat that Jim tested this stuff in. I have never used an additive before and had little faith in this one. You can imagine my suprise when I saw an increase in rpms of 150 -200. It is an octane booster, water remover and gas stabilizer. I have used it to winterize 3boats and 3 tractors. I'll let you know what I think of it in the spring. Ah heck why wait! The stuff is great!
        Dean '68 Century Resorter HO ford 352 bored and stroked

Comment

If you can't get K-100 from your local dealer try Chuck or Jim at - www.bayareawatersports.com.
          Dean '68 Century Resorter HO ford 352 bored and stroked

Comment

Thanks for not posting this about a week ago before I stabiled the boat!!!!! GUess I'll give it a shot next year after I clean all the rust out of the fuel system.

Comment

I found their website- www.k100fueltreatment.com and it shows where it's available. The only thing I have a problem with it the fact that the in-tank fuel filters won't pass water molecules because they're too big. Unless the K100 breaks down the water into hydrogen and oxygen (not usually just a physical reaction and it says that it encapsulates the water molecules), it still won't pass through the filter element. It should go through the in-line filters, though since they have slightly larger pores.

Comment

thx for the info... I'll start using that instead of sta-bil.
                If one day you're asked:
                " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
                Will you say:
                "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
                It's time to SKI.

Comment

Speaking of additives

Abottle of techron is a common recommendation before an oil change in a car. Is anyone using Techron in their boat, maybe running it through in the last tank before the final fill up and putting it up? Thanks. Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                    Increased HP because it acts like a OCTANE booster,
                    I'm a skeptic of all "addatives" partly because so many of them are a sham, and partly because I've never had any problem with fuel. Even after sitting. So, as a skeptic I will say this:
                    1. I would definitely have to SEE a 150 RPM increase from a bottle (Other than a bottle of N2O), to actually believe it.
                    2. The above statement is false. Increased octane doesn't result in more power, everything else being equal. In some engines, increased octane results in more POTENTIAL for power, assuming some changes are made to take advantage of the increased octane, but a carbureted 351w in a '93 boat isn't one of them. More acurately, in this application, I would put money on making more power w/lower octane, since it burns faster than high octane, and detonation is not an issue here.

I'll stick to Chevron 85 octane...straight up.
                    Last edited by Storm861triple; 11-01-2004, 05:29 PM.
                    Thomas Kendrick
                    '92 PS 190

Comment

Isn't Techron an additive that Shell or one of the other companies puts in their gas?

Tom- you mean stick with 85 Octane and advance the timing a bit?

Comment

Techron is the additive used by Chevron and from what I hear is felt to be the most effective. Thanks for your thoughts. Bill Z

Comment

Thomas,
                          Sorry that you are such a skeptic ! I DO NOT put out FALSE info.
                          I was surprised to see the difference. Those photos where taken by me in my own shop.

By the way 85 Octane? Are you some kind of chemist. For $7 USD you should try a bottle then come back with your report and see what happens.

Jim @BAWS

(813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

JimN, I do mean that I'll stick with Chevron 85 octane. For my combo(stock 240hp 351) and operating environment Lake Powell and Park City, I can achieve optimal timing/power with out using octane any higher than 85. I did advance my ignition timing when I bought the boat. If I try to advance the timing any further than I have it right now, I loose RPM, but hear no detonation. IMO, these older engines run too low a compression, combine that w/the relatively cool operating temps (compared to a car) and detonation is not an issue. 85 octane is perfectly addequate. On an LT1, LTR, Predator, etc, with their higher compression, this may not be true.

But this thread used a '93 351 as a test case, and I know that with no other changes this engine will not pick up 1 hp due to an increase in octane rating of the fuel used.

[email protected], Not trying to call you a lier at all, just that I have some pretty extensive experience w/internal combustion engines of all kinds, and I'm sticking to what I said above; a 351w will not pick up 1 hp from nothing but an increase in octane rating. What you're claiming to have witnessed would be an increase of about 15-20 hp. That's tough nut to swallow. The following statement isn't accurate, and I posted what I did so other forum members who don't have as much mechanical back ground, could consider this point.

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            Increased HP because it acts like a OCTANE booster,
                            Increased octane ALONE, will never increase hp. The higher octane does not produce more power.

Since it's November, and there is over a foot of snow on the ground here in Park City, it's not likely that I'll be buying a bottle to try anytime soon. If someone wants to send me a sample to try, I might consider trying it in my snowmobile or my truck. If there were any improvement, it would be immediately noticable in either of those machines.
                            Last edited by Storm861triple; 11-02-2004, 12:02 PM.
                            Thomas Kendrick
                            '92 PS 190

Comment

OK, let's be real here.

Lot's of chemicals will absorb water - many of them are even compatible with gasoline. For example, Ethanol burns easily, readily absorbs fairly large quantities of water, and will mix quite easily with gasoline. It's also sold at every boating shop as "water absorber" or some such.

The claim that this additive causes the water "to burn YES BURN" is a bit over the edge. Water is a very stable molecule, and chemically you're not going to do much with it. Let's agree that this additive absorbs the water, allows it to safely traverse the fuel system, and ejects it from the cylinders as water vapor.

Added power? Well, it's possible. There are many chemicals with greater energy available than gasoline. Whether a 10-oz bottle of them dissolved in a 30 gallon tank of gasoline could do anything noticeable is debatable.

You saw what you saw; In my training as an engineer, however, I don't believe anything that only occurs once, especially in an uncontrolled environment.

As with most engine additives (gas, oil, whatever), I remain skeptical until a few well-run tests by independent experts (or even independent, skilled amateurs) start showing similar results.

/frank
                              1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

Working...
                              X