X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Prostar 351 Ford Winterization

Hi,

Do Someone have a good tutorial/advices for a 351 Winterization?

Thanks

Sure.

Winterization

Supply List

Dewinterization

Files from Team Talk FAQ

Good luck.
    Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Stuck this thread in the winterization topic - this is good for 350's as well.

mike
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

A question to ask is dry block or antifreeze? I owned a Nautique (dont hold that against me, it was amazing), with a 351 windsor. I always dry blocked it...we live in Canada...it is really cold here. I was anal about it though...took the water pump off, blew out the heater, opened both valves at the back of the exhaust manifolds, opened both drain valves in the block...starboard at the front, port at the back of the block. Removed strainer. Left all hoses disconnected. Loosened the alternator to relieve pressure on the belts, drained the theromostat housing. All this after fogging the carb to stall, stabilizer in the fuel. Never put it away wet...did this at least a month before tarping and stored inside (not heated).

as a footnote, I now have a 08 prostar, ly6 engine...everyone seems to recommend antifreeze. Did that just the other nite...scared ****less about the ultimate result...we will see. In the end, it seems to me, no fluid, no freezing

Comment

Forgot to mention...I always put vaseline on the impeller in the water pump before I put it in the basement along with the battery.

Comment

what's the coldest it ever got by you. many of us like the anti corrosion properties...
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Minus 40 C...not sure what that is in Farenheit...but 0 degrees C is 35 F...really cold here. I have heard the antifreeze is much better for anti corrosion...I never experienced a problem with that though...

Comment

dry block is fine... vaseline - petroleum not great for rubber - "o" ring lubricant better than vaseline.. best would be to spray it with 303 protectant... IMO

Comment

-40c = -40f btw... I would go with dry block -100 rv antifreeze... -40 to close to -50 for me.

Comment

Glycerine is a good product for impeller storage/lubrication.

Comment

Is this where the impeller is located? I didn't have time to remove cover. Also any pictures of where I can pour RV antifreeze into hoses would be great. I am still reviewing all procedures on winterizing 351 Ford windsor
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes! It is

Comment

Pour antifreeze into top of hose pointed by arrow.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for arrow on pic. I will pour antifreeze into that hose. Here is another pic of engine should I pour some antifreeze into these hoses as well? I am not sure how to run motor to draw antifreeze from bucket. Only going to be able to pour directly into hoses.

Thanks again for your help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another picture.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X