Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil may not need to be changed every year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
    starting it after a long siesta causes the most damage to any motor regardless of any oil discussion.. if you are truly concerned then you would pull the safety lanyard spin the motor to get oil up into the journals and then start it... i don't know how else you can get oil to the bearings etc... wait fill it up till you can't put in any more in.. then drain it.. then fill it up to spec then start it!!!

I doubt it makes any difference - after 20 years mine runs just fine like my 2-20 year old motorcycles and even older cars and tractors...

oil threads are the best!
    If you have a dizzy, remove it and use a priming shaft on a battery drill, spins the pump and primes the system without turning anything but the oil pump

Comment

Well you're just spitting garbage because that's not the way we've always done it....... haha

Great post and I like where your heads at. I use Blackstone as well and will continue to do so. They tell me quite often that my junk WalMart oil is doing just fine......

Comment

Originally posted by chrislandy View Post
        If you have a dizzy, remove it and use a priming shaft on a battery drill, spins the pump and primes the system without turning anything but the oil pump
        Also the best way to prime on a freshly rebuilt motor.

Comment

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
          McDonald's uses canola oil, and their food always cleans me out. Must be good stuff.
          but does it prime the mating surfaces before it starts up??? or is it a dry start??

Comment

Problem is lots of folks here will lose their distributor clock by a tooth and then that will be a whole thing.

If you are obsessed the tool you want is;
            https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/2355...xoCEIIQAvD_BwE

You fill the tank with oil, pressurize it with your air compressor or a hand pump and then thread it into your block into any oil chamber that has a threaded fitting - in practicality there is usually a bung near the oil filter or you pull the oil pressure sender and thread it in.

Kinda overkill. You could also literally make a length of air hose, adapt the thread to fit the engine oil pressure sender hose. use a small funnel to pour oil in there and then pump it with a bike pump to push it around.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 PS190 View Post
              Problem is lots of folks here will lose their distributor clock by a tooth and then that will be a whole thing.

Kinda overkill. You could also literally make a length of air hose, adapt the thread to fit the engine oil pressure sender hose. use a small funnel to pour oil in there and then pump it with a bike pump to push it around.
              Maybe, but you only do it once!

If you're truly worried about it, as a fit an forget option, then you could add an Accusump, saves the oil pressure and releases it when you turn the ignition on to pre-lube the engine and also stops any oil pressure loss from surge when turning sharply (given the way you can chuck a Prostar around I'm surprised it isn't more of an issue)

Comment

I'm dizzy how did you know? but now I learned something!

Comment

Working...
                X