Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Boat Cover Solution for 1992 Prostar 190??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Boat Cover Solution for 1992 Prostar 190??

You folks helped out with the trailer suggestion. What is your recommendation for a new boat cover for out 1992 Prostar 190? Thanks for your help.

Ski Boat Covers . Com has a good reputation on this site, and I am thinking of getting one for my 95 190 ..... watching this thread as well.
    Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
    1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
    Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
    "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

There are many threads on this topic. Depends on how much you want to spend honestly. They're custom covers (evolution), or basically custom which you will find using internet searches. skiboatcovers / LFC marine / Cover anything. These will all fit the same way and a good option. Main point will to decide on what type of material to use on the cover. I think the vast majority of people on this site would say Sunbrella. I personally got mine from cover anything, sunbrella, covers swim deck, with tower, and am 100% satisfied with it.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        You folks helped out with the trailer suggestion. What is your recommendation for a new boat cover for out 1992 Prostar 190? Thanks for your help.
        Purpose?
        • Indoor or outdoor storage?
        • Trailering or mooring?
        • Dust cover or wet cover?
        • Waterproof or air breathable?

93 190
        John 14:6
        2 Peter 1:3–8
        Matthew 6:1-4

Comment

I bought a waterline cover from skiboatcovers.com 7 years ago, it's spent every day outside since then. It is not Sunbrella, I believe the material is Top Gun and doesn't breathe well. However, I live in a dry climate and humidity isn't a problem around here. It does have three plastic vents under the support poles. The OEM waterproofing wore out, but I apply Starbrite or 303 waterproofing once or twice a year; it's easy to do for $40. The only thing I would do differently is not order a bright red color, it has faded to a dull pink. The next cover will be tan or gray.

Comment

Call Corey at Evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
              Call Corey at Evolution.
              ^^^This would be my overwhelming recommendation^^^

Or Brent at Coversports, not sure if he is still in business though. He and Cory made similar products but Brent didn't keep up with newer patterns.
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

I would definitely go waterline cover. Mine has it and the sun can't touch the gel coat or platform when it is outside covered. It makes for long zippers if you have a tower, but worth it for sure.
                2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                FJB

Comment

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                  Call Corey at Evolution.
                  agree...Corey did my '99 Prostar 205 cover. AWESOME!!
                  He probably already has the template.

Comment

'92 PS205 here. I wanted a cover that covered the platform and down far enough on the hull to cover the red gelcoat as that is where I get the most oxidation, especially the transom and sides from about the motor cover back. I ordered a Sunbrella cover from skiboatcovers.com. I have a ND mini-tower, they provided a pattern for a couple of measurements and constructed the cover based upon that. I could not be happier and highly recommend them. My boat does stay in a covered slip, so the Sunbrella fabric might not have been required, but I liked the breathability of it. Vents are optional, but not required with Sunbrella. It uses three poles that have button snaps on the top an snap into a reinforced area of the cover. I had considered having tabs sewn in and pull the cover taught with a line from the tab over the platform, but just went with the pole system. They do offer chine skirts that will extend the cover all the way to the bottom edge (or below) of the hull, but in my case they were not needed. The nylon webbing secures the cover sides down tightly. But if stored outside, I would recommend using the sewn in loops to pull the cover down tighter to prevent any water pooling
                    The following pics are from the first time I put the cover on. The poles were not set to optimum height, cover not snugged down, but this gives you an idea of the transom and side coverage with the waterline cover.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	coverback.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	2408444

Click image for larger version

Name:	coverside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2408445

Comment

Agree with waterlogged on asking questions for what you need it for.
                      If inside a garage, basic cheap cover is good.
                      Skiboatcovers.com should have template and does good.
                      If outside, highly recommend waterline. Unless your boat is faded and you are ok with that and use it as a ski tractor. Adding the side / chine skirts is good too.
                      I’ve been happy with sunbrella as have others.

Comment

Sorry - I should have said it sits on the driveway, outside in Houston sun and rain. Would like it to be tight to keep rain running out as much as possible, would also like breathable. Would be nice to go farther down on side of boat than the original. I have attached a photo of the boat in it's typical habitat with what I think is the original cover. It is on the new Boatmate Trailer you all pointed me to. Sorry if there are a lot of threads on this, I am not very good at searching this forum. Getting a picture uploaded is difficult enough!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Posted picture: Driveway, wet, and sun.

Comment

Good info.
                            I still recommend Ski boat covers.com. Others are surely good too.
                            Waterline cover to cover the sides and platform. Side chine skirts nice to have maybe not required.
                            Sunbrella - it will breathe.
                            Fit should be good as is, but you will also have loops from ski boat covers for bungees if needed.
                            I’d go with a light color since you are in Houston. White, light grey or tan
                            Dark color will have inside of you boat VERY warm in the sun.

Comment

Working...
                            X