2016 Ilmore MV8 Heater Hose Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Ilmore MV8 Heater Hose Location

I've searched quite a bit and couldn't definitively find an answer to the location of the heater hoses to disconnect and run AF in it. In the pic below, on the starboard side, towards the stern, do the arrows indicate the hoses for intake/exhaust for the heater?

The pic was taken laying on top of the motor pointing down.

There appears to be (at least) 3 hoses. The two in the pic below, and then one labeled 'heater' on the port side at the top.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

looks like it. i disconnect the top one then blow 20psi through so that it drains into block

Comment

Curious, do you have a pump as part of the heater circuit?

Comment

I think I do... it looks like the lower line goes into a round Johnson pump.

After I was able to get both of these lines disconnected and I was able to blow into the upper line.... there was pink fluid already coming out of the lower one (I already winterized the motor).

So... is it the case that if I sucked in 6 gallons of AF into the motor that it 'flushed' into the heater as well?

Comment

I wouldn’t assume that the heater core got properly flushed - possibly, but not worth the risk. Blow it out. Then add some of the pink stuff if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
            I wouldn’t assume that the heater core got properly flushed - possibly, but not worth the risk. Blow it out. Then add some of the pink stuff if you wish.
            ^ ^ this.

93 190

Comment

I ended up adding brass garden hose fittings on both lines near the pump (to and from the heater core). For winter layup, I just break the connection and use a shop vac. Seems to work really well

Comment

Working...
              X