Trailer bunk lubricant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCX46 View Post
    Had my X46 for 5 years at this point. First time lifting it off the trailer out of the water this fall and found hull blisters where the bunks are. I do not think it’s a wax or silicone causing blister issues as I have never treated the carpet on the bunks. It’s a bad factory design and probably bad gel coat.
    Any recommendations on how to treat the blisters is appreciated. IMO this is a factory issue.
    Possibly some warranty help through your dealer? What shame.
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jones View Post
      It's not unusual to be loved by anyone!!

Sorry, old people will get it.
      -Tim

Comment

I would think the same but dealer just sent me the warranty lingo rather ask questions to confirm whether there could be a claim. Tough to find good service any more.
        Also surprised its even possible since my father in laws 2004 Supra is on a bunk lift or trailer with carpets and there are no blisters. Really disappointing for such an expensive boat and 6 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by MCX46 View Post
          I would think the same but dealer just sent me the warranty lingo rather ask questions to confirm whether there could be a claim. Tough to find good service any more.
          Also surprised its even possible since my father in laws 2004 Supra is on a bunk lift or trailer with carpets and there are no blisters. Really disappointing for such an expensive boat and 6 years old.
          I think someone already suggested that if you are the original owner or did the warranty transfer get in touch with MC corporate. Be sure to you use sugar and not vinegar when you talk to them.
          Last edited by CantRepeat; 11-20-2021, 02:40 PM.
          -Tim

Comment

I would like to find out how often this boat was cleaned/polished/waxed in the areas where the hull slides and rests on the bunks, as well as how high the bunks are WRT water level and whether the bunks were always wet when loading the boat. If the gelcoat was barely waxed, water WILL enter.

Comment

Working...
            X