Mikeg205's Spring Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikeg205's Spring Upgrade

Had to steal the the title from Clrussel - Before and after pics... springs source at Northern Tool - shackle and u bolts at Cal Trailer.

Before pics...
    Attached Files
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Does the trailer ride higher after the upgrade?

Comment

And After... easier than I thought it would be... even have a little left over last season hanging from axle - got at least 2 inches of lift - just by changing the springs. The parts list and where I got them -

From Great Norther Tool - 27" Spring - part 125208

from caltrailerworks.com - shackle bolt - 6 x SKU: P25559 , 6 lock bolts SKU: P25561 , 4 u bolts 7 inch - could have went shorter - SKU: P25670. got new lock washers at hardware store reused plate and original nuts. If you plate needs replacing 2 x SKU: P25686

Peter aka Thatsmrmastercraft found the springs for me after etrailer sent me wrong springs.
      Attached Files
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

weeds

Comment

Your tires look like they have a serious flat spot haha. Lookin good Mikey.
          -Mike

Comment

That looks awesome Mike!! Great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
              Does the trailer ride higher after the upgrade?
              yes almost 2 inches

Comment

Can you take a photo so we can see the gap between the tire and fender?

Comment

Sorry, ignore last post...just saw the pic

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
                    Sorry, ignore last post...just saw the pic
                    before new springs.. if I put my hand in between fender and tire - tire and fender would touch hand... now there's a nice gap..

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post
                      That looks awesome Mike!! Great work.
                      thanks Scott... I think we have your case of MCOCD a bit worse

Comment

Good job mike, even though you couldn't think of your own catchy title

Comment

Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                          Good job mike, even though you couldn't think of your own catchy title
                          that's right Corbin.. was hopin' you would give me a bit of a lashing -

Comment

Looking good mike
                            "Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way?"--Rondhey Dangerfeild-Caddy Shack.

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
                            ---Animal house

Comment

Originally posted by TOO-TALL View Post
                              Looking good mike
                              Thanks Troy - wish I was skiing..

Comment

Working...
                              X