2014 Trailer back - up issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Trailer back - up issues

So every time I go to backup the trailer locks up unless I put the pin in. I have the plug connected to the tow vehicle. It has happened with both my 2013 Ford and 2014 Ram. For this much money shouldn't the trailer backup when connected to the vehicle?

WakeWise

Need to verify reverse solenoid is getting power. Are you using 5 pin connector and do trailer b/up lights come on?

Comment

Well the pin has to be in, its a safety feature not a design flaw.
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

^? If reverse lights are coming on then solenoid must not be connected. If no reverse lights, no contact is being made with reverse wire at light connector. Should be able to back up as long as light connector is plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
          ^? If reverse lights are coming on then solenoid must not be connected. If no reverse lights, no contact is being made with reverse wire at light connector. Should be able to back up as long as light connector is plugged in.
          Am I wrong? Dont think so. The pin allows the reverse solenoid to operate correctly. If you need to do it without the pin in, by a lockout key.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Solenoid - not pin allows backing up.

Comment

Pin is for tow vehicle that does not have a 5 pin plug. if the tow has a 5 pin plug and the backup lights come on the lock out pin is not needed.
              Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

lockout pin, not hitch locking pin. 2 different things
                Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Yes the round 7 pin connection is in. Lights all work but the solenoid must not be working??? I understand if the pin isn't connected then the trailer will lock up. However the pin is connected and the trailer still locks up without the mechanical pin installed. The saleman said it's normal and you have to use the pin. That was not the case with my last MC trailer.

WakeWise

Comment

There is definitely something wrong with your trailer or your 7 pin out on your Ford.

I have a 2014 x30 trailer and the only time it locks up is if I have the wiring harness disconnected.
                    sigpic
                    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Thanks Lash. I thought it was the trailer from the start. Two new tow trucks and the same issue.

WakeWise

Comment

Remove the folding young pin and fold to examine wiring for pinched or disconnected wire
                        Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Thank you DT I will take a look.

WakeWise

Comment

Same thing happened to mine. Solenoid was bad after one towing trip. Company replaced with no questions.

Is it a boat mate or Mastercraft Trailer? Mine was a Boatmate.

Comment

Wiring appears to be intact. Does that leave a bad solenoid or pin connector??

WakeWise

Comment

Working...
                              X