2005 MC Trailer Brakes and Rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 MC Trailer Brakes and Rotors

Well I just redid my bearings, and thought the brakes appeared good. Then my 20 min pull home resulted in the front brakes locking up, and I thought a quick trip to NAPA auto would produce brake pads and then turn the rotors. But it doesn't appear to be the case. I guess I should have just left the bolt in the tongue and not worried with the trailer brakes as I have done on my last two boats.

Surely there is a cross over car parts number? I searched and only found threads where most likely my trailer is made by Reliable and they are out of business and so I am SOL. I am no stranger to fabrication but before I did that want to post this.

I was hoping just do new rotors and brake pads, and then I am set on the trailer.

Southwest Wheel and Pacific Trailers should have the parts you're looking for. I have Kodiak components on my 2005 trailer and between these two places, had everything I needed - even re-build parts to fix up a leaking caliper. Hope this helps!
    2005 ProStar 197 w/1:1 MCX; Acme #843; 2007 MC ZeroFlex Tower

Comment

Thanks I was hoping someone would post brake pads and caliper part numbers. But if not I will give those guys a call in the am

Comment

I just did calipers and pads on my '05 single axle trailer. Kodiak 225s from etrailer.com were a straight bolt on replacement on my trailer.
        "This one goes to eleven." 2007 ProStar 197 TT w/MCX and Powerslot.

Comment

http://accessories.etrailer.com/search?w=brake%20pads
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

you will prolly get them next day or in 2 days so if you order order tonight tomorrow before noon. I get my parts next day from etrailer.com even thou I like caltrailerworks.com better.
            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Thanks... Wow 175 a Caliper... Holly Smokes. I was going to go ahead and do all 4, with new pads. But I may just do the two that locked up.

Thanks for the quick responses... My Dealer simple said... its a Reliable Trailer no parts available, check online.

Comment

Trailer refurb for $1500 - I would fix all 4 - I know not my money - but I hate bleeding lines - can't put a value on safety IMO

Comment

Mike... your right, I went ahead and got 4 Coming... my boat probably gets pulled not 100 miles a year, but in the event I want to pull it 300 miles its good Insurance.

Comment

Why replace the calipers? Rebuild them, and put on new pads. Disc brakes are simplicity in themselves. Take (blow) the puck out of the caliper, use some fine emory cloth and brake fluid and lightly sand out the puck area checking for rust, or dirt ridges. Make the puck area smooth, without removing a lot of metal, clean completely, lube puck and new o ring with brake fluid, install in caliper, and you are home free. Just the cost of a rebuild kit which is mostly the o rings

Comment

Thks Roadster, but I found a better deal online and went with all 4 new, plus they came with pads.

Comment

Double check its not the actuator before you spend much on the calipers. The Reliable actuator eventually fails, usually when water gets in the brake reservoir. One of the symptoms can be brakes locking up. Sometimes water in the line can also go all the way back to the calipers and cause rust there, also causing lock-ups so its also possible both the calipers and actuator are screwed.

If the actuator is involved, you'll have to convert your trailer tongue to be capable of using the UFP actuators. Luckily somebody started making a relatively easy kit to do this now ... Waymire I think is the distributor. There is a thread here somewhere on it. Look for one of the more recent ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X