• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 MC PS190 trailer axle needed

That pretty much says it all. If anyone has one, used or new,
    let me know.

Thanks,
    Brian

If I needed a new axle I would order it from Champion Trailers in Louisiana, they will fabricate one to your specifications.

https://www.championtrailers.com/axles-painted-utility/
    Last edited by Miss Rita; 09-14-2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

The axle on my 99 single axle trailer is pretty non-standard as axles go. Not sure about your 1989 which is 10 years older.

You'll need to list some of the details so you can get a good referral. For example my 99 is:
      - 5200 lb capacity
      - Painted
      - Rectangular 2" x 3"
      - Leaf spring (not torsion)
      - 4" drop

After this you'll need the axle face to face dimension which requires a measuring tape.

As replacement axles go my 99 is pretty much a unicorn. I can't find any off the shelf that matches is exactly. Dexter comes pretty close with a 5200lb 2 inch drop leaf spring. You can get a 3500 lb, no drop, leaf spring axle of nearly any type by comparison.

I think the recommendation of getting one custom made is a good idea. If you are in a pinch, you might be able to get someone to weld your current axle as a very temporary fix. You'll also need to specify if you just want the axle alone or do you want the axle, backing plates, bearings, brakes, u-bolts (required!!!!). Changing the leaf springs is not a bad idea while you're at it.

The cost of a new fully loaded axle with bearings, backing plates, and hydraulic disk brakes runs about $1K total. Maybe a bit less.

Comment

Working...
      X