Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake actuator

Hey all,

I have an '83 Mastercraft with a V/M dual axle trailer and a shot brake actuator. Its an Atwood 85736. Everything I find on the interwebz says the 85736 and its replacement 85841 are discontinued. Is there anything else that will work??
    1983 Mastercraft SS Powerslot 351w

Postup a pic

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Heres a few pics
      Attached Files

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/UFP-Complete-.../dp/B074KKCJ26

See the link. There supposedly is a UFP actuator that fits into the Attwood mounting. I have not used it and cannot speak to how well it fits / works. UFP is the most common actuator on trailers through around 2010.

Comment

Looks like old master cylinder. Check measurements and see .. as stated above.. the ufp products will fit.

You might need a new tongue on trailer to use new actuators

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Yah, its old. Tongue on my trailer is welded. I'd love to find a replacement, which is proving to be difficult
            Attached Files

Comment

Yikes... this would be a step up.. but you would need a good welder to cut off what you have and add the right piece of tongue

Comment

Did you figure this out? My old boat had an actuator like this... I liked it much better than the one shown above due to the reverse "pinning". You pull the pin from under tongue and use it to lockout brakes for backing up.

Tie Down Engineering Brake Actuator Model 660

https://www.tiedown.com/pdf/c1250.pd...vw8h698aoawKY7
                2002 Xstar
                Old boat: 1988 Tristar 190

Comment

Originally posted by babymoore3 View Post
                  Did you figure this out? My old boat had an actuator like this... I liked it much better than the one shown above due to the reverse "pinning". You pull the pin from under tongue and use it to lockout brakes for backing up.

Tie Down Engineering Brake Actuator Model 660

https://www.tiedown.com/pdf/c1250.pd...vw8h698aoawKY7
                  maybe it goes without saying but... the one above has a physical reverse lockout via the locking cap (optional) and comes with a reverse solenoid to lock out braking when your truck reverse lights are on.

Comment

I cut my old tongue off the end of last summer and put a UFP-a60 tongue on. I also changed the brake lines and put new kodiak calipers on. Now my brakes are awesome. I also made it swing away for storing it in my garage.

I have the reverse lockout cap but also wired in a 5 pin connector for the reverse solenoid. Now I don't have to get out to back up.

I does help that i work at a weld shop. I was done in about an hour with the cutting and welding.

Comment

I cut my old tongue off the end of last summer and put a UFP-a60 tongue on. I also changed the brake lines and put new kodiak calipers on. Now my brakes are awesome. I also made it swing away for storing it in my garage.
                      ^^Just do this, you'll never regret it ^^

Comment

That's the smart move if you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X