Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damaged442
    replied
    I've heard of MCs with Perfect Pass. One with Perfect Pitch is new to me!!

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    Originally posted by Olaff View Post
    I like. Looks a lot better (on the trailer) than the rusted bolt & nut combo or the hole through the middle now that the first bolt is gone.
    ... I wonder if I could "tune" the fins to sing in 3 part harmony...
    ... maybe get them to sing different notes at different speeds, kinda like an audible speedo...

Leave a comment:

• Olaff
    replied
    Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
    I wonder what happens if you change the direction of the bolt? Perhaps this style rivet would be more pleasing to the eye.
    I like. Looks a lot better (on the trailer) than the rusted bolt & nut combo or the hole through the middle now that the first bolt is gone.
    ... I wonder if I could "tune" the fins to sing in 3 part harmony...
    ... maybe get them to sing different notes at different speeds, kinda like an audible speedo...

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    I wonder what happens if you change the direction of the bolt? Perhaps this style rivet would be more pleasing to the eye.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Olaff
    replied
    So we had the boat on the lake this weekend;
    I had only removed the bolt & nut from the front fin.... guess what, a vibration/noise at various speeds. I think it was B Flat. Kinda funny, as I would decelerate from wakeboard speed (about 20 mph) it would start at around 17 mph and disappear at around 15 mph.
    By the end of today I had gotten to where I didn't even notice it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Olaff
    replied
    JB Weld is made in Texas, It's gotta be good!
    Actually I was trying to figure out how I could smelt some old .30-06 brass and fill the holes with the molten metal. That's just me...

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-12-2015, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    It's funny - you day epoxy and everyone is all smiles. Say JB Weld and people run away yelling and screaming.

That said, I have never used JB Weld because I always have some epoxy around.

Leave a comment:

• waterlogged882
    replied
    Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-12-2015, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Rita
    replied
    Take 'em out and fuhgeddaboudit, the holes are too small to make a performance difference. It's not worth the trouble to use JB Weld; that would take another hour you can't get back. You are the only one that will ever know they are there. Admit it: even you didn't notice them until you were on your back inspecting the keel!

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    That's probably what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Olaff
    replied
    Could be...
    I'm going to run it once with the empty holes just to see, then probably fill the holes with JB Weld.

Leave a comment:

• thatsmrmastercraft
    replied
    It would make sense that zincs were there if it was ever to go in the briny water. Perhaps the previous owner thought that theos bolts were better than open holes.

Leave a comment:

• Olaff
    replied
    It was "close-to-Texas-Louisiana"... Shreveport/Bossier City area; but granted, Louisiana none the less.

Leave a comment:

• aquaman
    replied
    If the boat was from Louisiana........there is NO telling.

May have been the attachments for gator trolling ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X