Squeak when turning prop manually while out of water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeak when turning prop manually while out of water

I have not used the boat for the past year and decided to give it a good cleanup today before I use it again next weekend . I tried to turn the prop by hand and noticed it was quite squeaky - is this normal and will it be okay once I put it in the water.
    Is there anything on can spray on the shaft or is this not necessary ?

Most are water-lubricated and aren't designed to turned out of the water. I accidentally hit the throttle once when mine was on the trailer and it squeaked as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bryangold View Post
      I have not used the boat for the past year and decided to give it a good cleanup today before I use it again next weekend . I tried to turn the prop by hand and noticed it was quite squeaky - is this normal and will it be okay once I put it in the water.
      Is there anything on can spray on the shaft or is this not necessary ?
      About 1000 threads about this very topic......this makes 1001....

It's normal. Don't run a water reliant boat on dry land...

Don't spray it with anything. Drop in in the water and run it under normal conditions.
      93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Yup, entirely normal, especially if it's been out of the water for awhile.

I put mine in gear once on the trailer, and the extraordinarily loud squeal sounded like I'd summoned demons from Hell. Needless to say, I learned to never do THAT again...

/frank
        1998 Maristar 200VRS

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Working...
          X