Ok prop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok prop.

I have an 85 stars and stripes with the powerslot transmission. Would this prop make a difference in my performance over the 3 blade that is on it now?
    Attached Files
    Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

What's the 3 blade?

Comment

My current prop is a oj 14x18 1 1/8 shaft 3 blade.
      Attached Files
      Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

The seller has it priced at 100$
        Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Yes, it will change the operational characteristics of the boat. It will do all of these things, some desireable and others may not: Lower engine rpm at target speeds by about 200 rpm, should be smoother than 3 blade, increase in hole shot performance, may increase top speed, change the size of the bump in back (where the wakes meet at speed).

For $100, unless it's damaged you can't go wrong.

Comment

Thank you. I just need to verify I have a keyed shaft.
            Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by dt37803 View Post
              Thank you. I just need to verify I have a keyed shaft.
              You do. Verify it’s LH

Comment

Lower engine rpm at target speeds by about 200 rpm probably , should be smoother than 3 blade probably , increase in hole shot performance probably not, hole shot will be lessened because of greater pitch, may increase top speed maybe, but generally speaking 3 blade props are faster than 4 blades

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Rita View Post

https://www.ojprops.com/contact-us/
                  -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Ahhhh didn't notice till now it's the wrong rotation. Thank you everyone.
                    Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Ya that was my concern in the photo. Hard to tell unless you can verify what side of the hub you are looking at

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                        What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

I know that you've already determined that you can't use the prop, but I contacted OJ the first time that I went to a 4 blade. My 87 Prostar w/powerslot had the same 14X18, 3 blade prop, and OJ sold me a 13.7 X 17, 4 blade. I got a quicker, smoother hole shot and I gained 1-2 mph on the top end. I did the exact same prop change on my 95 Maristar with the same results.
                        The 4 blade prop also holds speed better and has a quicker response to the throttle.

The guys at OJ were a great help with selecting the right prop for the job.
                        “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Originally posted by dt37803 View Post
                          The seller has it priced at 100$
                          Any chance the seller is located in VA?
                          “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Working...
                          X