'96 205 new upholstery - logistical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 205 new upholstery - logistical question

I'm planning on having all the upholstery on my 1996 Prostar 205 redone at the end of the season. I'd like to have Viper do the work but don't plan on towing the boat 6 hours to Tennessee. Therefore I would remove all the seating, pads, engine cover etc. myself and have the parts shipped to Viper. My question is, has anyone done this? What size box would I need and where would I get one?

Talk with 02ProstarSammyD. He did this.

Comment

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-12-2015, 04:53 PM.
      93 190
      (safe click)

Comment

Thanks for the fast replies. I was thinking that they might prefer to have the boat to make sure everything fit right. I guess I'll talk to 02ProstarSammyD and see how his experience was...then I'll call Viper direct.
        Does anyone know of a good upholstery shop in Alabama?

Comment

Only 6 hours? Just drive it there and know the work is done as good as it can be done.
          sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

It's not the time that worries me....I'm concerned about my old truck not making the distance! :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=Dynamite Spike;950305]Thanks for the fast replies. I was thinking that they might prefer to have the boat to make sure everything fit right. I guess I'll talk to 02ProstarSammyD and see how his experience was...then I'll call Viper direct.
              Does anyone know of a good upholstery shop in Alabama?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that's the very reason that I took the trip to Viper. My boat is on Lake Tuscaloosa if you would like to see their work in person before making the trip. I will be there this Friday through the 7th or 8th.
              Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
              Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

I shipped the upholstery for my Tristar to them last Winter. In my case, the motor box and the side panels were the biggest parts and made the shipping about $300 each way. The crate was 4' x 3' x 8' and I had to rig an extension to let the side panels hang out a little. I decided to go with a rigid box on a palate base so I wouldn't have to worry about shipping damage. If you wanted to go a little cheaper, you could just wrap everything in plastic, put it on a palate and band it down.
                There wasn't any problem installing them on my boat, everything fit perfectly.

Comment

@76S&S - PM sent

Comment

@ Dynamite - PM returned

2002 X Star
                    Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Originally posted by 76S&S View Post
                      @ Dynamite - PM returned
                      Thanks 76S&S! Will you be on the lake this weekend? I'll text you to arrange a place/time to meet.

Comment

I will, but I will be working on installing my new lift. You're welcome to drop by as the boat will be in the water.

2002 X Star
                        Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

I just had my interior done. I went locally. I would swear the local guy I chose did as good if not better job than Viper.

I will tell you this, and it was already expressed by another TT member in this thread, is Viper will be able to give you a good product, but without the boat they cannot guarantee that you won't have wrinkles once installed.

My guy had to restretch the bow corners on my boat 3 times. After install on the boat there was a wrinkle. He had to remove and do it again to make it right. (not by my direction)

My advise is find a local guy to do your work for you and make him uphold the quality.

Check mine out here

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...8&postcount=36
                          sigpic
                          When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
                          1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

When you take your boat to viper, does it sit outside?
                            Bailey
                            '02 X-9
                            Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-12-2015, 04:52 PM.
                              93 190
                              (safe click)

Comment

Working...
                              X