Upholstery Workshop - Ft. Worth, TX - GREAT experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholstery Workshop - Ft. Worth, TX - GREAT experience

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who's interested. Decided to replace all of the vinyl in our 2004 X-10 and was really dissatisfied with the choices in my local area. Lots of 2 star reviews and even the photos on their websites showed shoddy work, IMHO (crooked stitching and seams, vinyl not stretched evenly, etc.).

Even though Ft. Worth is a long drive from Madison (16 hours), I decided to go with Upholstery Workshop (aka MasterCraft Skins.) Drove the cushions down to them last year and picked them up last week. They were ready weeks ago, but I couldn't get down there until recently. As you can see from a few quick photos, the workmanship is superb and I love the diamond stitching they incorporated, as well as the carbon texture.

What's more, everyone I had contact with was just amazing - - - great customer service, very knowledgeable and happy to discuss the project at length with me. I ended up asking them to make recommendations as to what would look good and they were the ones who came up with the stitching and vinyl ideas. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again as the work is first rate, service is top-notch and they specialize in MasterCraft.

I'll post more photos as I get the boat put back together (this is part of a larger project to restore the boat after a family of raccoons pretty much destroyed all of the carpeting) but I wanted to post a favorable review. Looking forward to having a boat that looks like new this Summer!

Here's a link to their site, if anyone's interested:

http://theupholsteryworkshop.net/mcskins#mastercraft
    Attached Files
    2004 X-10

186,000 miles per second - - - not just a good idea, it's the law.

Wow! Those do look like a factory job. I have been following your raccoon thread and look forward to see more changes.

Comment

Sure looks good!
      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Looks really nice.

I can't believe you drove boat cushions from Wisco to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
          Wow! Those do look like a factory job. I have been following your raccoon thread and look forward to see more changes.
          Thanks! I'm thrilled with how they turned out. I'll send along more photos once the boat is coming back together.
          2004 X-10

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
            Looks really nice.

I can't believe you drove boat cushions from Wisco to Texas.
            Yes, my wife thinks I'm crazy. She may be right . . .

As I said, I couldn't find a suitable option locally and decided to go with Upholstery Workshop after reading a lot of great reviews here on TT. I was going to ship them, but it got spendy with 19 cushions (they redid the glove box cover also, as it was chewed to bits by the bandits.) So, I drove 16 hours down and dropped them off. 16 hours back the next day. That was too much and I decided not to do that again.

I had a ticket on American, so I flew to Dallas, rented a Suburban the next day and drove home over 2 days, not one. Much nicer trip!

When I think about the quality of the work and the great service, it was completely worth the hassle of getting them down there and back.
            2004 X-10

Comment

Sounds like you're happy and that's what counts.

Comment

Is this the place in Haltom City? I am looking for somewhere to do a bow filler cushion for my NXT.
                Since it is at TXMC right now, I could go ahead and get that started... Maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by monsterwake View Post
                  Is this the place in Haltom City? I am looking for somewhere to do a bow filler cushion for my NXT.
                  Since it is at TXMC right now, I could go ahead and get that started... Maybe...
                  Yes, that's them. Again, I had a great experience and they specialize in MasterCraft. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again, if needed.

Good luck with your project. Let me know how it goes.
                  2004 X-10

Comment

I used them last year on my 197! Great experience!!!!
                    2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Interested in exploring pricing and options with them for my 85 that needs some interior love. but I can't get them to answer the phone -- only tried twice so far though. Will keep checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Joe View Post
                        Interested in exploring pricing and options with them for my 85 that needs some interior love. but I can't get them to answer the phone -- only tried twice so far though. Will keep checking.
                        I would imagine they are crazy busy right now. I would usually leave a voicemail and they would call back. They also answered email consistently at [email protected].

Good luck!
                        2004 X-10

Comment

Wanted to share a few more photos to show the quality of the work. I can hardly wait to put the boat all back together!
                          Attached Files
                          2004 X-10

Comment

very nice!!!

Comment

Just a quick update to those who have been following this thread. I got the boat done this Fall (right before it was time to put it back in storage for the Wisconsin Winter!). So, I only got one photo after installing all the new vinyl and the Gatorstep flooring. There is also new gray carpeting in the storage bunks throughout.

I love the look of the "carbon" finish vinyl, which was an upgrade and should be more durable. I also like how they used an "X" pattern on a few of the pieces, to make it look more interesting. Sorry there's only one photo to share. I'll take more in the Spring when the boat is in the sunshine.

Again, I have nothing but good things to say about the experience with The Upholstery Workshop (aka MasterCraft Skins) in Haltom City, Texas. Perfect experience start to finish and I love the work. In fact, I think this looks as good as any new boat in the showroom. Highly recommend the shop - - - they overdelivered on their promises!

Attached Files
                              2004 X-10

Comment

Working...
                              X