Need some advice and looking for suggestions on Vinyl restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
    Did you decide to go with Hoglunds instead of Seams Right? Are they installing the Deckadence?
    I did and yes they are. They're doing everything but stripping the graphics and compounding. Mike clearly knows his stuff, but he didn't seem like he wanted to mess with certain aspects of the job. Embroidery for example was a no go, and he just wanted to have me pick vinyl the day I dropped it off. That concerned me. I wanted more control over the outcome and Dave at Hoglunds was incredibly accommodating. Not knocking Mike at all, but for me, it was a comfort level thing.
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

Comment

If you haven't started yet, JAM Upholstery in Algona does great work.
      Haven't had boat upholstery done yet, but his vehicle seats are very good quality both stitching and fit and he made a new snap in carpet for the boat with (idk, some good quality marine carpet) for, all I will say is a very reasonable price. About 20% of what a replacement MC carpet would be.

I will be taking my truck seat to him, no question.
      '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
        If you haven't started yet, JAM Upholstery in Algona does great work.
        Haven't had boat upholstery done yet, but his vehicle seats are very good quality both stitching and fit and he made a new snap in carpet for the boat with (idk, some good quality marine carpet) for, all I will say is a very reasonable price. About 20% of what a replacement MC carpet would be.

I will be taking my truck seat to him, no question.
        Thanks Thrall, but I'm all set. Boat goes in for winterization and a custom cover template on the 13th and then I'm dropping her off at the upholstery shop on the 15th. It's going to be like Christmas coming early around here this fall!
        ¡Viva 205V!
        2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Working...
        X