Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation on Re-Upholsterer in Twin Cities

Hi all,

New to MC and this forum. I recently acquired an '83 SS, cream with blue stripe. I've replaced the motor (351w long block from Summit Racing), rebuild the tranny and laid new carpet. Next on the list is upholstery. Can anyone recommend a good upholsterer in the Twin Cities, hopefully on the north side if possible?
    1983 Mastercraft SS Powerslot 351w

Not on the North side but C&E Upholstery in Eagan is the place to go. I have had several seats and a sundae replaced by them. They do great work.
    NEW BOAT:2004 197TT

PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205

Comment

I know at one point C&E upholstery did all the work for the local Mastercraft dealer. Not sure if that is still the case. I've had mixed results with C&E Upholstery. I had them build me a rear seat after I lost it not long after getting my boat. I thought they did a really good job on it but now less than 5 years later the base is rotted out and needs to be repaired. At the time I didn't realize they used plywood, which may be perfectly acceptable but they didn't drill any drainage holes so it didn't take long before it was holding water and the base was rotting. I was probably a bit naïve but I figured given I went through the local Mastercraft dealer they would rebuild it using similar material as my other seats (i.e. starboard). Either way, it seems to me they missed the boat not building in some drainage. 2nd time I used them to repair a couple cushions and my swim deck. Took a long time (which is probably not that unusual) but when I showed up one of the colors they used didn't match my vinyl. The owners response was they can no longer get that exact vinyl. Ok that makes sense its an old boat, but no call letting me know or asking me to come in to match the color, etc. I drove 45 minutes (one way) thinking it's all ready to go to find out the color they used wasn't even close. It was bad. I'm guessing they had thrown out the old vinyl before they realized they didn't have any of the other stuff left and now were just shooting at the hip to match it. Had to make another trip to bring a vinyl piece with me so we could try to match it. A 3rd trip to get the redone pieces that were half assed to get them to me before the boating season started. I tried reaching out to the owner after that but got no response. I get if I was doing more whole interior the outcome may have been better. They seem to get pretty good reviews and I've seen multiple guys on here recommend them but when the time comes for full replacement I will be looking elsewhere.

Not really Northside either but I saw a guy post an interior from www.rapidsupholstery.com that was really sweet. I've never had work done there but might be worth checking out if you are getting estimates.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevans07 View Post
        Hi all,

New to MC and this forum. I recently acquired an '83 SS, cream with blue stripe. I've replaced the motor (351w long block from Summit Racing), rebuild the tranny and laid new carpet. Next on the list is upholstery. Can anyone recommend a good upholsterer in the Twin Cities, hopefully on the north side if possible?
        Welcome to the forum! As an initiation to Teamtalk, you are required to post photos of your boat and the work you have been doing to it. (Not really, but I would love to see some pics!)

Comment

Also look at Metro Upholstery in Burnsville.

Comment

Thanks all, I'll give C&E a call. Ironhorse I'll look at getting some pics up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
              Welcome to the forum! As an initiation to Teamtalk, you are required to post photos of your boat and the work you have been doing to it. (Not really, but I would love to see some pics!)
              Here are a few pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X