SiriusXM on a New x24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiriusXM on a New x24

I'm a little shocked at what I've read on this forum regarding 2021 and older MasterCraft Advanced Audio (middle tier) stereo systems that don't have a SiriusXM option. Maybe there's a solution I've not found here. I don't consider playing it through an FM channel an option in 2022. Cell reception on Tahoe is spotty. And once I lose the connection, I often have to stop the boat, turn off the batteries, then restart the boat. Unbelievable for a $250k boat with 10 hours on her.

Has anyone come up with a better audio option beside downloading playlists?

Thanks

RQ

What kind of Sirius unit do you have? If you have a stand alone unit that uses the FM transmitter you need to get the unit that plugs into the back of your receiver into the antenna port. I've used this on my boat for over 15 years and it is fine. Trying to run Sirius through a phone is not great. Plus the stand alone units can be moved from vehicle to home to the portable radio units.
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
    "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
    15%'er

Comment

I do not have any Sirius unit. I'm looking for a way to add it to my new x24. I was hoping for a way that doesn't require an FM modulator.

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
      What kind of Sirius unit do you have? If you have a stand alone unit that uses the FM transmitter you need to get the unit that plugs into the back of your receiver into the antenna port. I've used this on my boat for over 15 years and it is fine. Trying to run Sirius through a phone is not great. Plus the stand alone units can be moved from vehicle to home to the portable radio units.

Comment

Does the radio in the boat have an AUX input- I think it would
        Mike D.
        05- X9
        06- X9

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          I do not have any Sirius unit. I'm looking for a way to add it to my new x24. I was hoping for a way that doesn't require an FM modulator.

If you get the FM direct adapter your reception is direct and crystal clear. These units are simple to put in a boat compared to a car. I've had this installed on both of my boats.

2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
          "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
          15%'er

Comment

Buy a Sirius receiver, and add it to your Sirius account, on the back of the radio there's most likely a spot to plug the Sirius receiver into
            Mike D.
            05- X9
            06- X9

Comment

I wish their was a SiriusXM antenna spot. The MC audio system is a proprietary system, not like a receiver from Sony, which I had in my '05 Wakesetter.

Originally posted by Yellow X9 View Post
              Buy a Sirius receiver, and add it to your Sirius account, on the back of the radio there's most likely a spot to plug the Sirius receiver into

Comment

Working...
              X