Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 X24 6.2 Wot

Hi All-
    I posted here before I committed to ordering my new x24, I got great feedback on this forum so I have another Question...
    I got the boat in the water this weekend and all is perfect, keeping in mind the break in period, trying to vary the throttle as much as possible I decided to 'open it up' ( Not: YES I had the cruise control OFF) I only got to 4,250RPM owners manual says 5,400RPM.... Im not sure if the engine is smart enough to limit actual WOT during the break in period? Anyone experience this issue? Thanks in advance.

No it’s not
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Dumb boat, maybe re-prop

Comment

I would give it a little more time. Just keep warming it up and hit high rpm tomorrow and see if you get higher than today. At this point I wouldn’t worry about max rpm.

I’m not sure they limit during break in period but it can be done. Does it need a software update after break in period? If so then yes.

Comment

whats your Altitude?
          I remember at Lake Powell my X30 lost RPM.. but it was the older 6.2 Ilmore
          sigpic
          2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
          2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
          2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
          2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
          2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
          2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
          2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
          2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
          2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

No limit on WOT when new. Just a recommendation to not keep it at WOT for extended periods while breaking it in.

That said, if its propped correctly, you may see a little less than that 5400. However, you should be able to achieve at least in the range of 5000-5400.

Now, with that said, are you sure the boat wasn't in cruise mode? If you were in cruise mode, the speed control would be on, and the boat would limit your speed to 26 (IIRC), which could be why it maxed out at 4250. Although, I would think the boat would be going a little faster than 26 at 4250RPM. It has been a little while but I was thinking my X24 was running about 3700-3900 while in cruise mode. Your boat may have been specd with a high altitude prop though...…

Either way, I am almost betting the boat was in cruise mode. Did it launch really good, and then just instantly flatten out at 4200? Or did it seem to struggle all the way up to that point and couldn't muscle past it?

Comment

Originally posted by FourFourty View Post
              No limit on WOT when new. Just a recommendation to not keep it at WOT for extended periods while breaking it in.

That said, if its propped correctly, you may see a little less than that 5400. However, you should be able to achieve at least in the range of 5000-5400.

Now, with that said, are you sure the boat wasn't in cruise mode? If you were in cruise mode, the speed control would be on, and the boat would limit your speed to 26 (IIRC), which could be why it maxed out at 4250. Although, I would think the boat would be going a little faster than 26 at 4250RPM. It has been a little while but I was thinking my X24 was running about 3700-3900 while in cruise mode. Your boat may have been specd with a high altitude prop though...…

Either way, I am almost betting the boat was in cruise mode. Did it launch really good, and then just instantly flatten out at 4200? Or did it seem to struggle all the way up to that point and couldn't muscle past it?

It takes 440 to think of the captain obvious problem
              2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Working...
              X