Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIskiboat
    replied
    Unless you are pulling 36, maybe 34, mph skiers in the course with a short / quick setup I think you would be fine. Or if you are pulling jumpers.

I would think you Need to provide more description of your intended usage other than “good skiers” for answer.

I’ve seen chatter about some guys being happy with the 5.7 / 320HP in salt lake area in the new hull so would think 197 is ok since it’s smaller / less drag.

A few high elevation guys will likely chirp in too.

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    It will work fine IMO. It may not have the holeshot of a gear reduction or the larger engine, but on a nearly 20 year old boat, condition would be my first consideration. If this were 2003 and you were ordering, I'd say "no way, get the MCX and the powerslot".

Leave a comment:

• dpb185
    replied
    Originally posted by levine5 View Post
    Hi Smart Boat Peeps,

We are looking at a 2003 197, it is a couple states away and trying to figure out if a 310 hp engine with 1:1 transmission will work at high altitude or if we may need to adjust anything. Need a family boat with some good skiers. All advice appreciated.
    I have the LTR in a 2000 205V (330 HP), not exactly the same motor but close. I can't image yours would struggle at elevation. We pull multiple skiers at the same time (not high altitude) no problem. Plenty of power.

Leave a comment:

• Please advise: 2003 197 with 1:1 transmission at mile altitude

Hi Smart Boat Peeps,

We are looking at a 2003 197, it is a couple states away and trying to figure out if a 310 hp engine with 1:1 transmission will work at high altitude or if we may need to adjust anything. Need a family boat with some good skiers. All advice appreciated.
Working...
X