Motorcycles! What would or do you own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
    Thinking about selling my 2011 Street Glide. Love the bike, but I spend too much time on the boat. That's both depression and exciting.
    I feel your pain. I sold my last bike for the same reason, but still kept the quad and RZR for lake use in the off season.

Comment

• 2001 Heritage Softail. Stage II mods plus other goodies.
      Attached Files
      2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
      (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

• Originally posted by PrestigeLakeWide View Post
        Just got a 2021 a couple months ago and loving it. Good Ol California won't let you ride competition bikes on public lands with 2022+ so I had to snipe one. The new upgrades on the 2022+ look great though.

Nice! I tried to find a 21. No luck. Should be 2-3 weeks before it gets in.

Comment

• Is the “RX” their cross country bike? No head / tail light but, has a kickstand.

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
          Just placed a deposit on the newly redesigned 2022 CRF250RX. I sold my last bike 12 years ago. MTB is fun but it just scratched the itch. Fired up now.

https://powersports.honda.com/off-ro...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
          86' 19 Skier, 351 PCM (sold)
          2008 197 ProStar, LY6 (sold)

Comment

• Yes it is moto bike with a slightly larger tank, kickstand, and slightly different mapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
              Nice! I tried to find a 21. No luck. Should be 2-3 weeks before it gets in.
              How do they classify something as intended for 'competition'? And what is the reasoning for no longer allowing it? I'm guessing this is a tree hugging initiative. Thank god if that's the case, ALL that pollution from those dirt bikes. Give me a break.

Edit: sorry i think I responded to the wrong guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
                How do they classify something as intended for 'competition'? And what is the reasoning for no longer allowing it? I'm guessing this is a tree hugging initiative. Thank god if that's the case, ALL that pollution from those dirt bikes. Give me a break.

Edit: sorry i think I responded to the wrong guy.
                Yes it's tree hugging and based on emissions from the bikes. Technically been in place since like 2002 I believe when Green Sticker vs Red Sticker was brought into play.

Competition 4 Strokes and any 2 Strokes get Red Sticker so you can only ride on public land during a certain window. Green Sticker can ride year round but are more trail focused lower power bikes.

With the law sunsetting my bike will be grandfathered in as a red sticker and become a green sticker in 2025. Not the most ideal scenario but glad I was able to find one.

Comment

• Really been enjoying this bike. It is my first high performance four stroke. I came from a two stroke MX background. Tons of usable torque for the tight woods trails and is equally at home on the MX track (at least with my ability). Going to Kisatchie National Park near Shreveport, LA in Dec. for three full days if anyone has any suggestions about camping and riding.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
                    Really been enjoying this bike. It is my first high performance four stroke. I came from a two stroke MX background. Tons of usable torque for the tight woods trails and is equally at home on the MX track (at least with my ability). Going to Kisatchie National Park near Shreveport, LA in Dec. for three full days if anyone has any suggestions about camping and riding.
                    my son has a couple Honda 450s ... really incredible machines and you are right they have a ton of torque!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2RLAKE View Post
                      my son has a couple Honda 450s ... really incredible machines and you are right they have a ton of torque!
                      450s are flat out scary.

Comment

• I owned a KTM 525SX. That thing was a monster.

Comment

Working...
                        X