Foiling Video... WHOA:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkySkiSpokane
    don't try it unless you are prepared to buy one. It is an instant addication!!!!
    Well....after you learn to get up on one it is. THAT has a time frame that can vary widely from person to person..
    '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Anyone got any video of getting up on one of those things??
      Vacation In Belize
      www.caribbeancabanas.com

Comment

Cool video
        sigpic

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosCabanas
          I actually think Bob Woolley's instructional video that comes with the Air Chair is pretty informative about the basics of learning. Air Chair sells that in DVD form for $20 (AirChair.com, looks like the Discovery Channel Stunt Junkies of Geno jumping over a MasterCraft is downloadable there too)- I don't know where else you might find videos for the beginner. Most of the hydrofoil sites tend more toward the elite riders -- people who are jumping 50 frames, building their own boards, investments at $5000 per hydrofoil, and then you have to sift through a lot of arguing and complaining about the politics of the sport...it's kind of a drag. If you go to a fly-in, you'll have people lined up willing to teach you, but basic hydrofoiling doesn't get much play on the internet that I can find.
          '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Good Morning everyone....nice to get up with Geno getting so much play on TMC. He is Bay Area WaterSports sponsered skier and also a MC TEAM skier that represents the HYDROFOIL community. Those original videos where shot on Geno's old lake, Lake Bonny in Lakeland. He recently moved to Lake Lulu in Winterhaven.

Geno's website is www.foiltime.com

Thanks

[email protected]
            James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
            Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
            (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

I bought an air chair a few years ago. Took a whole day to get up. After you get it, its easier than even a wakeboard.

What I like about hydrofoiling is that it can be relaxing when needed. On a windy day, when the water is useless for just about anything else, you can go out and just cruise. No noise, no resistance, no chop, nothing. You just glide, and there is so little resistance that you can hold the rope with two fingers.

The only drawback is that you have a huge knife laying around. I cant get my buddies to get into it, and I dont want that huge thing sitting around in my boat, so I end up wakeboarding 90% of the time.

Its a bummer, and watching those videos makes me want to leave work and jump on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertT
                I bought an air chair a few years ago. Took a whole day to get up. After you get it, its easier than even a wakeboard.

What I like about hydrofoiling is that it can be relaxing when needed. On a windy day, when the water is useless for just about anything else, you can go out and just cruise. No noise, no resistance, no chop, nothing. You just glide, and there is so little resistance that you can hold the rope with two fingers.

The only drawback is that you have a huge knife laying around. I cant get my buddies to get into it, and I dont want that huge thing sitting around in my boat, so I end up wakeboarding 90% of the time.

Its a bummer, and watching those videos makes me want to leave work and jump on it.
                True, hydrofoiling is more cumbersome than skiing or wakeboarding but IMHO a LOT more fun. I have a rack for the thing secured into the canopy of my boat lift, so it's easy to load or unload, but the thing does take up a lot of space in a boat. I keep it upside down in the open bow with bungies securing it laterally to the windshield frame. That works OK, but I confess being able to carry it around in a rack is a reason I'd consider a tower. The only reason for me.
                '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosCabanas
                  There is a deepwater start on the video from this link.

http://www.prohydrofoiltour.com/Prof...iniProfile.asp

Very cool video.
                  Dave
                  '95 ProStar 205 LT1

Comment

Working...
                  X