Building a new home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new home!

If you guys thought the thread I did while remodeling the houseboat was bad........wait till you see this one! It has always been my life long dream to build my own home. One I designed. I'm acting as the General Contractor on this, but still plan one doing some of the work myself. So if you all don't mind, I will be updating this thread as work progresses. If you do mind.............well tough So far I have the construction loan and right now waiting on the building and septic premits. Hopefully by the end of next week we can start digging the hole Here's the 5 acre plot I have in Northern kentucky where the home will be built.
    Attached Files

here is the exterior elevations............the house is long and narrow to fit the lot
    Attached Files

Comment

First floor..............2050 sq ft
      Attached Files

Comment

and finished basement.............. 1800 sq ft
        Attached Files

Comment

Good Luck Mag, nothing like a new home that you designed yourself.............Congratualtions!!! I look forward to seeing your progress!
          sigpic

The Only Thing That You Can Give and Still Keep Is Your Word

Comment

Originally posted by trickskier
            Good Luck Mag, nothing like a new home that you designed yourself.............Congratualtions!!! I look forward to seeing your progress!
            we do have little red stakes everywhere from the surveyer, but I didn't want to bore you with those pics

Comment

Looks great Mag!!! I claim guest room#1 when I fly down next year for MM4.
              Skidog, dont forget to take your Geritol.

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
              On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mag_Red
                we do have little red stakes everywhere from the surveyer, but I didn't want to bore you with those pics
                Nice size home, elevations look real nice.
                sigpic

Comment

WHAT!!!!!!! you didnt give us pics of the stakes!!! Im bummed!
                  Skidog, dont forget to take your Geritol.

On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.

Comment

Mag, if I can help answer any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I've been in the business a lonnnnnng time! Good luck my friend! I hope your marrage is a strong one!
                    Last edited by ; 04-19-2007, 09:37 PM. Reason: double post
                    http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

Is it a split level?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trickskier
                        Is it a split level?
                        Ranch.........Master bedroom on first floor Finished basement with two additional bedrooms. Lot of the custom, empty nester homes are set up this way in Cincinnati

Comment

Ranch.........Master bedroom on first floor Finished basement with two additional bedrooms. Lot of the custom, empty nester homes are set up this way in Cincinnati
                          We can't do basements in FL. Dig 3 feet and you hit water.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skidog
                            Mag, if I can answer any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I've been in this F--------ed up business a long time. Good luck my friend, you're gonna need it! I hope your marriage is a strong one!
                            Gave up that gig a long time ago. Been painting custom homes for 20 something years now...........know lots of subs and people that will help me make sure everything is done correctly. PM your number just in case though

Comment

WHAT!!!!!!! you didnt give us pics of the stakes!!! Im bummed!
                              I thought you liked chicken

Comment

Working...
                              X