Diving In Cozumel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving In Cozumel

My wife and I just booked a trip to Cozumel and we are planning on going diving for a couple of days. We are both certified but have never been to Cozumel. Anyone have any recomendations for dive shops, locations or boats down there?
    www.waterskis.com
    http://www.facebook.com/waterskis

you should be able to get any information from ither your hotel or gt a recommendation from your local dive shop. I went there a while back but I can't remember the name of the place. Boats down there are generally all junkers but the divemasters are really good.

Comment

As I am sure you already know, the diving down there is exquisite!

We did all our dives off of a "ponga" and would just come back to relax and then go back out. We stayed at the Hotel El Presidente.

Only problem with diving down there, is that you never wanna dive anywhere else!
      -Cameron
      2007 ProStar 197
      1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Diving in Cozumel is great. The fast drift dives are like flying through the water. No need to swim just let the current take you. It freaked my wife out a bit the first couple of dives. www.scubaboard.com is a very active diving site with lots of greatinfo from people about experiences with operators. Go check them out. Lots of bigger 'cattle' boats there. I would reccomend going with a smaller operator that goes out with smaller groups.

Originally posted by Sodar

Only problem with diving down there, is that you never wanna dive anywhere else!
        Cozumel is great but I actually prefer Belize. Especially out on the atols.
        sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Too bad you couldn't take one of the center consoles down with you. You may want a bigger boat however. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by corey
            My wife and I just booked a trip to Cozumel and we are planning on going diving for a couple of days. We are both certified but have never been to Cozumel. Anyone have any recomendations for dive shops, locations or boats down there?
            When there, I always dive with Chino's dive shop. Chino is a great guy, very safe, has good equipment and fast boats. I usually stay on the south end of the island, (Fiesta Americana or el Presidente) and Chino picks us up at the dock, 10 minutes then by boat to the dive sites. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Chino's Scuba Shop
            Address Rosado Salas # 16-5 at Melgar, Cozumel Tel+52-987-872-4487
            Comment PADI approved diving resort center with scuba or snorkeling tours, service and instruction.
            '04 MariStar 230VRS/MCX

Comment

Thats what I've heard!!! I'm guessing we really can't go wrong, but if anyone had an awesome dive master I'd love to know.

My wife and I were diving in Hawaii and saw someone in a different group run OUT of air. His own dive master had no idea, our dive master took control and saved the day. When I'm under water thats the kind of guy I want to be with.
              www.waterskis.com

Comment

Thanks Mac!! This is exactly what I am looking for, we are staying a little farther up the island but I speak enough broken spanish that I can usually get around pretty easily.
                www.waterskis.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrianM
                  Diving in Cozumel is great. The fast drift dives are like flying through the water. No need to swim just let the current take you. It freaked my wife out a bit the first couple of dives.
                  That was my favorite part about it! Made it a little scary when you would try to stop to check something out!

I saw the biggest lobster I have EVER seen in real life down there. I sweat that the thing was 5' long with a 2' long tail!

Originally posted by BrianM
                  Cozumel is great but I actually prefer Belize. Especially out on the atols.
                  I have never been to Belize... I have heard very good things about it. I was speaking mostly about diving locally. I used to dive off Catalina alot with our center console and I just cannot bring myself to do any of it any longer! The resort style diving with the warm water makes it hard to do your own diving in cold water!!
                  -Cameron
                  2007 ProStar 197
                  1996 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by Sodar
                    I was speaking mostly about diving locally. I used to dive off Catalina alot with our center console and I just cannot bring myself to do any of it any longer! The resort style diving with the warm water makes it hard to do your own diving in cold water!!
                    No cold water diving for me. I am spoiled with the warm waters off of Pensacola and the Carribean
                    sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

If you see any sharks let me know.
                      Skidog, dont forget to take your Geritol.

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
                      On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.

Comment

Busy day in MN Corey?

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
                          If you see any sharks let me know.
                          We saw quite a few black tipped reef sharks in Cozumel. Good stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by No Skeez
                            Busy day in MN Corey?
                            Busy day in Madison? Ready for the snow on Sunday? Time to set the new record!
                            sigpicwww.boathouseh2o.com

Comment

Originally posted by erkoehler
                              Busy day in Madison? Ready for the snow on Sunday? Time to set the new record!
                              Already passed the record by 3 inches this past week! I love snow, don't get me wrong... But enough's enough!

On the plus side, we won't have to worry about low lake levels!

Comment

Working...
                              X