Prop repair done right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop repair done right

This is really cool prop repair. Only 6 of these machines exist in the usa that fixes props better than new. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXPAIPU73F4

Linden is my hometown prop guy. He travels all over the world and fixes giant propellers. He knows his stuff. He also fixed my OJ prop that OJ wouldn't touch after I hit a log. He did it for free because he wasn't sure it could be done and he couldn't get it completely in spec, but it performs great.

Comment

That is pretty cool that his machine can bend a prop where it’s not possible to get a hammer.I have been fixing my own props for the last couple years with a pitchblock I bought. My repairs turn out really nice and saves me a ton of money

Comment

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
        That is pretty cool that his machine can bend a prop where it’s not possible to get a hammer.I have been fixing my own props for the last couple years with a pitchblock I bought. My repairs turn out really nice and saves me a ton of money
        Lol, that's like saying "I whiskey dent my car all the time, but since I can do bodywork, it saves me alot of money!"
        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post

Lol, that's like saying "I whiskey dent my car all the time, but since I can do bodywork, it saves me alot of money!"
          I have had about 12 prop strikes in the last three years boating in my shallow river. Do the math on what your local prop guy would charge.

Comment

Working...
          X