Boat Dock Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Dock Recommendations

We're about half way into building a 2nd bay onto our current dock for the pontoon boat we purchased this past summer. Yes, I should have done a double dock 5 years ago, but didn't think we'd be getting a pontoon.
    So by extending the dock, there is a middle walkway. I have a flood light on the left side original dock and plan to put the same on the right side, both facing inward. S do I need a separate walkway light on a switch between the two bays?
    My 1st cable lift has a center pole and motor set up, but this limits how high the boat with bimini can come up. So on the pontoon side, I'm planning on a side lift from Boat Lift World .com, which moves the pole and motor over to one side and opens up the top for the bimini on the pontoon to stay up if we want too. Any thoughts on this side set up?
    We had to get this all done while the water is down, so we were lucky and got a builder to get the underwater stuff done. The lift will be done after the new year, plus composite decking with picture frame styling. TIA
    Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
    Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
    256 786 2244
    [email protected]

Thanks

Last edited by waterlogged882; 12-24-2021, 06:21 PM.
    93 190
    (safe click)

Comment

G, your lakefront and dock look tremendous. While I would want a light above that middle walkway given it is under the peak and middle roof line, we tend to primarily use our deck mounted solar lights as it cuts down on glare and bugs. Do you have a flagpole planned?

Comment

I have 4ft LEDs centered on each slip, and agree with the motion camera. It;s great to be able to see the boat from anywhere and know everything is okay. It's also fun to watch the blue herons set off motion detection in the morning....lol. As another tip, I wired up smart lights with wifi extenders to I can press a button from the boat at night and have the lights come on for docking.

Comment

I have had both the center mounted cable hoist and the side motor mount, and the side hoist is the way to go. Our dock is 2 story so I am limited on how high up the pontoon can go up with the bimini, but it works great. The motors we use are 2HP from https://bh-usa.com/ as the smaller motor had trouble lifting the XT22 out of the water and would get stuck mid operation.

I would go for as much lighting as possible, especially if you do any sunset cruises as docking pontoons sucks in general. I would also look into a system like this for bugs, as it is my #1 battle. My neighbor just installed one of these bug mister systems on his dock and it works unbelievably well. https://www.mosquitoesinthemist.com/...gaAs6AEALw_wcB
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

When I installed soffit on my dock I put 6 flush mount led lights in. So bright I installed a smart dimmer switch and can turn them on and o with my phone wheClick image for larger version

Name:	20190906_084804.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	732.1 KB
ID:	2696135n approaching the dock at night. no pulling in a dark slip or leaving them on to draw bugs.
            Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

I like the enclosed/flat ceiling.
              Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
              Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
              256 786 2244
              [email protected]

Comment

Thanks. we used hidden vent on all of it. The best part is no more bird poop.
                Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Working...
                X