Toy Hauler RV Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Hauler RV Recommendations

So I’ve had my Heartland toy hauler bumper pull for almost a year now, and since it’s been a rental unit coupled with the fact that my side by side doesn’t fit inside it anymore, I barely use it. I enjoy it, but to be honest it’s a hot pile of garbage.

Im looking at getting a used/new 5th wheel with a separate garage, and outside of grand design, I’m not sure where else to look. Any brands in particular to stay away from? I need a 13’ garage with a pretty large opening as my ranger is lifted with an aftermarket roof on it. I’ve got an F250 with an airlift airbag kit on it, but I have an 2022 F350 dually on order so weight isn’t overly concerning.

figured most on here have campers, so any input is appreciated!
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Is there a length you need or want to stay under? I think you would have to remove the bunks to get the height you need. Most have around 78" clearance. Older models have even less. Maybe check out Genesis RV. They have a new 5th wheel version of their Overnighter coming out. No idea what the living area looks like but could be an option... Another option is to double tow. Get a 28-30' 5th wheel then pull a 14' flatbed behind it when you take the ranger. That way you are not always hauling around a monster toy-hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by tomwhitejr1 View Post
      Is there a length you need or want to stay under? I think you would have to remove the bunks to get the height you need. Most have around 78" clearance. Older models have even less. Maybe check out Genesis RV. They have a new 5th wheel version of their Overnighter coming out. No idea what the living area looks like but could be an option... Another option is to double tow. Get a 28-30' 5th wheel then pull a 14' flatbed behind it when you take the ranger. That way you are not always hauling around a monster toy-hauler.
      Id like to stay under 40' as thats how long my storage spot is. Im looking for something a bit more luxurious than the genesis overnighter and really do not want another bumper pull or double tow. bumper pull trailer tows sooo bad
      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:

Comment

I have a Grand Design Reflection - Not a Toy Hauler, however very happy with it - Zero Issues,its parked at the lake, so we don't tow it around!

Comment

Dutchman Voltage 3635. Alliance Valor 37V13. Keystone Raptor 362. Grand Design Momentum 349M. I know Eclipse (Attitude) made some garage models a few years back but definitely wont be as nice as the ones I just listed.

Comment

I may go look at a grand design momentum 397ths tomorrow. About double of my original budget, but YOLO lol
            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
              I may go look at a grand design momentum 397ths tomorrow. About double of my original budget, but YOLO lol
              True.

Post up some pixs of it before you drop your dough.
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

True.

Post up some pixs of it before you drop your dough.
                Here’s the forest river XLR37TSX13 I looked at. Pretty nice, especially sub 60k after rebates
                Attached Files
                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:

Comment

I've considered something similar but finding something with a door tall enough for a lot of toys are very few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                    I've considered something similar but finding something with a door tall enough for a lot of toys are very few and far between.
                    It’s been tough because you have to get something large. I’ve found a few, I think I’ll rent one to see if it works well.
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

Our Heartland Torque (it’s a bp not a 5ver) has an 8’ tall ramp door and the upper bunk sucks up to above the door. It’s only about 6’-6” clear if you raise the benches up but they can stay down and fold up flat against the walls.
                      Your current trailer is much shorter. Many toyhaulers are tall in back though. Most of them I’d hazard to say.
                      '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

My current RV just came back from a rental completely trashed, so this is on hold for a bit while it gets fixed and I figure this Rv thing out. People are so unbelievable
                        Attached Files
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

Wow that is some bull$hit. Sorry that happened.

Comment

what's the back story? partying on shrooms gone wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by jtryon View Post
                              what's the back story? partying on shrooms gone wrong?
                              Just some good ole boys who took their ranger hunting lol
                              Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                              X