No announcement yet.

Electric Chevrolet Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 6 liter in anything is a good thing right ?

I am not sold on EV just yet but those little electrons have potential ....
    Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
    1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
    Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
    "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Customers would ask me what kind of vehicle I recommended. I said many times , go early in the morning, sit in the back parking lot of dealerships and private shops and see what the Techs drove to work everyday. Most ended up purchasing General Motors.
      If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

Originally posted by mike koen View Post
        Customers would ask me what kind of vehicle I recommended. I said many times , go early in the morning, sit in the back parking lot of dealerships and private shops and see what the Techs drove to work everyday. Most ended up purchasing General Motors.
        That’s because a 5.3 out of a junkyard is $200 lol
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post

That’s because a 5.3 out of a junkyard is $200 lol
          Exactly, most techs I know were your typical redneck out of highschool that drove a certain brand because thats all their grandaddy and papa and etc 'drove for years with no issues'.

Comment

We have had a few Honda's also. Wife is driving year round a 2005 accord . 350,000km .Looks and runs like new. 16 yr old car no rust and no issues other than tires and front brakes. I have wanted to replace it with a new one but she is comfortable with it. EV 's are getting popular around here . Give it a few years I will have one when all the kinks are sorted out.
            If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post

Exactly, most techs I know were your typical redneck out of highschool that drove a certain brand because thats all their grandaddy and papa and etc 'drove for years with no issues'.
              Those are mechanics, not techs.

Comment

100k i guess, but what does it cost for a new set of batteries? the lithium ION batteries are built with rare earth elements... remember when we were going to run out of oil 20 years ago??? Good times!

how long before they run out of rare earth elements?

diesel trucks are almost there now... $100k so not a long jump to this... but man $100k for a commuter vehicle? that is allot of gas for just about any car/truck at the $40k mark...

Comment

Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                  100k i guess, but what does it cost for a new set of batteries? the lithium ION batteries are built with rare earth elements... remember when we were going to run out of oil 20 years ago??? Good times!

how long before they run out of rare earth elements?

diesel trucks are almost there now... $100k so not a long jump to this... but man $100k for a commuter vehicle? that is allot of gas for just about any car/truck at the $40k mark...
                  I'm not necessarily for or against this or that, but the starting price on the Silverado is said to be around $40k, with $100+ being the big dog option. No clue what you get or don't get at $40k.

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post

I'm not necessarily for or against this or that, but the starting price on the Silverado is said to be around $40k, with $100+ being the big dog option. No clue what you get or don't get at $40k.
                    Here’s some info:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024...ck-first-look/

Comment

Rare earth elements are not rare at all.... we are not going to run out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
                        Rare earth elements are not rare at all.... we are not going to run out.
                        Where are they and how do you get to them? Currently the most popular way is strip mining which environmentalists hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post

Where are they and how do you get to them? Currently the most popular way is strip mining which environmentalists hate.
                          If that's a question, the answer is they are found all over the world. But right now they are mainly mined in China. I agree the way they are mined and processed is extremely bad for the environment. I was only commenting that they are not actually rare as their name suggests. Large deposits exist even in the United States.

Comment

Working...
                          X