No announcement yet.

Ski trip help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to inflame the masses but are Alta and Deer Valley still skiers only resorts?

Comment

Originally posted by jackpine View Post
      Not to inflame the masses but are Alta and Deer Valley still skiers only resorts?
      Yes... unfortunate for us boarders.
      -Tolman
      '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
      '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post

Buck's T-4 is a pretty good restaurant. Lone Peak brewery has a little place by the golf course. Their beer and food is good, but it's burgers/bar food. I can't even remember where we ate last year. There's a couple of horse sled/dinner places you can go for something to do after skiing, but I've never done it to comment on it. There's a little downtown area that has a little outdoor ice skate rink.
        Great, appreciate the tips!

Comment

Someone else said Targhee. I want to add a +1. I went there last year and before hand, I looked at the trail map and was expecting it to be a lame hill, but this is definitely not the case. No one was there, great snow, super fun terrain. We spent 3 days there and went over the pass the Jackson hole which felt just like a vail resort. Honestly I wanted to go back to Targhee.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
            Lived in Utah for 25 plus years. Only skied Park City 5-6 times. I like Park City, it keeps the tourists away from the really great places Utah has to offer.
            The selfish me says go to Park City…………… leave the smaller, Cottonwood Canyon resorts for us locals. I haven’t been skiing for a few years now - even the Cottonwood resorts are getting too crowded for me! Been spoiled by Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird and Alta for too long I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by TolCarMan View Post

Yes... unfortunate for us boarders.
              But fortunate for us skiers.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	7318.jpg Views:	1 Size:	185.8 KB ID:	2697627
                Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                The selfish me says go to Park City…………… leave the smaller, Cottonwood Canyon resorts for us locals. I haven’t been skiing for a few years now - even the Cottonwood resorts are getting too crowded for me! Been spoiled by Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird and Alta for too long I suppose.
                Headed for WasAngelos - formerly known as SLC the first part of Feb to give it a shot. I haven't skied in 2 years due to all the pandemic BS. We typically end up at Brighton, Solitude, Powder Mountain and conditions dictate where we venture at those resorts. There are plenty of secret stashes that people from outside the 801 don't find. The really great stuff is for those who are willing to earn their turns.
                For me it's sad to see what has happened to the SLC Valley. Inversion, Gridlock, Cost of living - The generic, 2 story box like 2500 sq' house I grew up in in Murray on the 8th hole of Mick Reily golf course was bought new in 1968 for $90K would sell for about $700K today! We moved back to Utah in 2015 to semi-retire and enjoy the mountains and all of the wonders Utah has to offer. We left 9 months later as if the whole damn thing was on fire.

This trip will somewhat dictate if I continue as a skier. Skiing is something I considered a necessity until the last 5 years or so. I fear that I'm at the point where I could toss my ski gear in a dumpster and wait for Tablerock to warm up so I can get back on the water.
                Last edited by neil.anderson63; 01-21-2022, 12:32 PM.
                Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Working...
                X