Starlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starlink

I just got mine a couple days ago and am curious who else here had either no isp or such bad isp's they were forced to go this route? I don't have it permanently mounted yet still trying to determine the best location but so far i've been pleased. Right now it is probably the worst working location i could find and it is already better than anything else in my area. 50 down 30 up.

We have it on our houseboat in lake powell and it's crazy. I get better speed out there than I do at my own house.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

I have it at my lake house, which is a rural area. It's fantastic and let's me work from there so I can spend a lot of time there.
      -----------------------------------
      Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
      Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
      Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Anxiously awaiting my set up to arrive and love hearing the success that others are seeing with Starlink thus far. We have been with HughesNet since building nearly 9 years ago and while it works for email, it is a challenge for todays video conferencing and don't even bother trying to download or stream any movies/shows.
        Elon told me I should see the service in my area by mid-summer so hopefully that holds true.

Comment

I signed up about 10 min after opening feb 8 2021 he said mid summer of 2021 but i still had to wait until apr of 2022....still not happy about that.

on a side note when you get the notification you can order because you will most likely get the square dishy now make sure to give them that extra $20 and get the ethernet adapter. the router that comes with it SUCKS!!!!!! and that is about the nicest thing i can say about it. I have to wait til the end of the month to hopefully get my adapter and use real networking equipment instead of whatever they sent out.

Also take my initial speeds with a grain of salt as it appears that the dishy likes to really map and determine where it is before speeds go up and I am still moving it around pretty much every other day or so to find the best spot.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Comparatively to what I have now and cutting those figures in half I would come out ahead (plus I pay considerably more currently than what Starlink will hit me):
            Upload: 3.74
            Download: 9.59
            Ping: 605

Comment

When I signed up, they estimated availability for Feb 22. I got the email mine was ready the first week of March. I immediately filled out the rest of the order and had it setup and running about a week later. It's been rock solid so far. I typically get 150 mbps down and 25 mbps up.
              -----------------------------------
              Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
              Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
              Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

Extremely happy with my Starlink … seeing 100 down and 10 up on most devices and actually can stream YouTube at the lake house now, don’t think twice it crushed Hughes and ViaSat.
                Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Originally posted by 93Prostar190 View Post
                  Extremely happy with my Starlink … seeing 100 down and 10 up on most devices and actually can stream YouTube at the lake house now, don’t think twice it crushed Hughes and ViaSat.
                  I'm late to this party - Signed up last month - which stated they were full in my zip at Camp - Waiting... Believe it or not, we have AT&T wired with a wopping 8mb/second and can stream 2 devices at once. Now upload is painful but at least I can zoom call, wifi call during peak season at the lake - which at Norris - Verizon drops like a lead balloon weekends in the summer!

Comment

following

can someone here point me to community-based prerequisite learning curve source materials?

tia
                    ¡Viva 205V!
                    2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                      following

can someone here point me to community-based prerequisite learning curve source materials?

tia
                      sorry but what?

Comment

Working...
                      X