X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timr71
    replied
    Originally posted by bcd View Post
    How's everyone's winter ski season going? I booked a family trip up to Rossland, BC for a long presidents day weekend. Hoping to avoid some of the crowds going smaller and more remote. Tickets were almost half the price flying into Spokane, WA vs Jackson, WY.
    I've made this trip twice before. Doing exactly what you are describing; fly to Spokane and drive 3 hrs north. Rossland is just 8 miles over the boarder. I've skied at Red Mountain, BC on both of those trips. It's a great mountain, no crowd, big snow. The town of Rossland is sleepy, so we didn't do much. I don't know how your trip is laid out, but I'll give you these suggestions. Carve out a day if you can and make the day trip to Nelson to ski Whitewater. It's a smaller resort, with slow fixed grip chairs, but still a good time.

If you do go to Whitewater, on the way back to Rossland, stop at the Hume hotel in down town Nelson and eat at Mike's Pub.

Another option, we did a day at Schweitzer Mountain in Idaho before we saddled up and headed for the boarder. It's another good mountain and it's maybe a bit less than an hour drive from Spokane.

We're headed to that part of BC too...but we're doing a week at Big White and flying into Kelowna, BC. BC is gem for skiing. And you can get away from the crowds for sure. Enjoy!​

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    How's everyone's winter ski season going? I booked a family trip up to Rossland, BC for a long presidents day weekend. Hoping to avoid some of the crowds going smaller and more remote. Tickets were almost half the price flying into Spokane, WA vs Jackson, WY.

Leave a comment:

• John Johnson
    replied
    Headed to Beaver Creek after Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• 2RLAKE
    replied
    awesome .... flying to SLC tonight!

Leave a comment:

• TolCarMan
    replied
    No kidding! This year has been so awesome. Just got done boarding at Brighton today and planning on heading up tomorrow with some buddies. On Instagram they said they've gotten over 200" so far.

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    Several of my friends still live in "WasAngelos" and say the conditions are awesome. A couple of them caught Brighton and Solitude for the last 4 days in a row. Work, who needs work when it's dumping!

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Get some double black in!!!

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Amazing! Is that the back side of peruvian express lift?

Leave a comment:

• BrianS
    replied
    Great pics, looks awesome!

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    started a topic Epic Snow Season out West!

Epic Snow Season out West!

After a terrible season last year, the early snow out West especially in the Utah area is so welcome … Snowbird and Alta are off the charts and other resorts as well. It is not even Christmas and we just enjoyed over 3-4 feet of fresh at Snowbird ….. nuts! Click image for larger version

Name:	6934F633-4976-439E-A223-F655E0886BDE.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	2717322 Click image for larger version

Name:	71738255-5607-4D6B-AAC7-AD9F76909FEA.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	2717323 Click image for larger version

Name:	39E8AE5D-8930-42FB-8C28-7C9191B4179B.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	2717324 Click image for larger version