• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footin
    replied
    Originally posted by jkski View Post
    Congrats Mike.
    One other thought.......Early Retirement!!! Forget buying another house!
    Exactly Jeff! The plan we are carrying out will drastically lower our living expenses and let us invest more and live cheaper = retire earlier!

Leave a comment:

• jkski
    replied
    Congrats Mike.
    One other thought.......Early Retirement!!! Forget buying another house!

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback, it's exciting and a bit scary. I hope the market retracts next year, with the equity we have and the year of savings we can aggressively pursue our next house when the time is right. As someone in here recently quoted "what goes up, must come down"

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    Congrats, Mike! Apartment and Lake house sounds like heaven.
    Yup, best of both worlds.

Originally posted by Footin View Post

In the mean time, more going out with my wife for happy hours and dinners and more lake time!
    Who could blame you for wanting more of that!?!

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Prices are crazy right now! A couple of mortgage people and Realtors I have spoken with feel the market will correct mid to late 2021. I really trying to time it (impossible I know) to come back in and get a good deal.

In the mean time, more going out with my wife for happy hours and dinners and more lake time!

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Diggin up an old thread, we're on the move again!

My son is in his forth year and my daughter is a freshman at Ohio State.

We figured it was a good time to downsize and to take advantage of the hot real estate market. We listed our house and it was in contract in 7 days for more than I expected, so we are moving into an apartment for a year to wait this out. I think the housing market will cool off next year and we can get a great deal on a smaller home.

Good news is, no more yard or house work and more time at the lake house!
    Congrats, Mike! Apartment and Lake house sounds like heaven.

Leave a comment:

• waterskier360
    replied
    Its nuts , all my neighbors are selling . Houses are going 10k over obnoxious asking prices .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Real Estate is just crazy right now. My FIL passed away almost two years ago but I was too busy to do anything with his house at the time(wife was deep in her battle at the time).

I finally started clearing out his house and some guy pulls up in the driveway and offered to buy it. After doing some checking and talking with some realtors the offer was about 20k more then I would have asked and I saved the 20k in realtor fees to boot! He single handedly reset the price pre square foot in the area.

It's a good time to be a seller.

Leave a comment:

• neil.anderson63
    replied
    Deja vu all over again!

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied

We figured it was a good time to downsize and to take advantage of the hot real estate market. We listed our house and it was in contract in 7 days for more than I expected, so we are moving into an apartment for a year to wait this out. I think the housing market will cool off next year and we can get a great deal on a smaller home.

^ yeah no more yard for a while! congrats.

I was mowing last week and had two real estate agents stop and ask if I was interested in selling. Sadly I had to say not right now!

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• atlfootr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    How 'bout some pics of the new house!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Double D
    replied
    Thats Great! In a related story I also got great news today related to the housing market. Weeks ago I signed up to get a second HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) so I could build another garage attached to my house to correctly house my MC. This would give me five (5) stalls. The first drive by appraisal came back at $160,000, which is $20,000 less than what it appraised at in 2001 and also $20,000 less than what I needed for my dream garage. So I questioned everything on the appraisal and found many errors. I convinced the bank to accept another appraisal of their choice and they'll do a walk through and I will pay for it. That took place on Friday morning so I have been dreading the outcome all weekend + a day! I got the call this morning and guess what? It appraised at a whopping $216,000, which is awesmome in this market, and lets me start building that garage!! YEAH BABAY!!
    Good luck with your new house! O.H.I.O!!

My wife and I have want to upgrade to a larger house for a few years and we thought what better time than now to get something bigger.
    We decided to test the market and list our house and 13 days later we are now in contract!

Unfortunately we have not found a new house yet, so we are going into an apartment for a few months until we find what we want.

We are closing on our present house on March 6th, it's kinda scarey, but exciting at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Mag_Red
    replied
    Been a while since I was here.................Congrats on the new home Mike!!!! So where are the pics?????????????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X