Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footin
    replied
    Quick update: we are still in the apartment but have started looking at houses. This market is frigging crazy! I really thought it would cool off by now.

We are hoping that the rising interest rates will slow things by fall, but we are spending a lot of time at the lake house!

Leave a comment:

• CruisinGA
    replied
    Sold our first house for 50% more than we paid in one day on the market after owning for 6 years. Lots of small improvements, nothing major, no added square footage. Helps to be least expensive house in very desirable area.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Congrats both of you... houses are selling in 7 days or less in my area for improved market value. Saw one sell 1 street away for 272k, no upgrades/improvements from mid 90s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JohnE
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    Real Estate is just crazy right now. My FIL passed away almost two years ago but I was too busy to do anything with his house at the time(wife was deep in her battle at the time).

I finally started clearing out his house and some guy pulls up in the driveway and offered to buy it. After doing some checking and talking with some realtors the offer was about 20k more then I would have asked and I saved the 20k in realtor fees to boot! He single handedly reset the price pre square foot in the area.

It's a good time to be a seller.
    Just noticed this Tim. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• kat889
    replied
    We figured it was a good time to downsize and to take advantage of the hot real estate market. We listed our house and it was in contract in 7 days for more than I expected, so we are moving into an apartment for a year to wait this out. I think the housing market will cool off next year and we can get a great deal on a smaller home.
    Sometimes it seems like real estate's market will never cool off. And talking of moving processes, you can simply view website to understand what exact long-distance moving services are there on the market nowadays. A lot of companies provide such services, helping them in moving from one area to another, and it's awesome.
    Last edited by kat889; 11-07-2020, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dmbeck
    replied
    Congrats Mike, sounds like you got another excuse to spend more time at the cabin now, that's always a positive.

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Congrats Mike! Enjoy the new found time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    The move is complete as we finished today. It's been a bit of a challenge going from 4 bedroom 3.5 bath 3,500 square foot house to 2 bed, 2 bath 1,300 square foot apartment but we don't regret it at all.
    We went from listing date to today in 45 days, it's has been a whirlwind!

Might go to the cabin next weekend, no yardwork to worry about!

Leave a comment:

• JohnnyB
    replied
    Sell hi, buy low.....1/2 way there

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jbmccul
    replied
    Originally posted by Footin View Post
    Closed on our house today and get the apartment tomorrow.

The plan is coming together!
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Closed on our house today and get the apartment tomorrow.

The plan is coming together!

Leave a comment:

• 93Prostar190
    replied
    Originally posted by jkski View Post
    Congrats Mike.
    One other thought.......Early Retirement!!! Forget buying another house!

Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Originally posted by jkski View Post
    Congrats Mike.
    Exactly Jeff! The plan we are carrying out will drastically lower our living expenses and let us invest more and live cheaper = retire earlier!

Leave a comment:

• jkski
    replied
    Congrats Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Footin
    replied
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback, it's exciting and a bit scary. I hope the market retracts next year, with the equity we have and the year of savings we can aggressively pursue our next house when the time is right. As someone in here recently quoted "what goes up, must come down"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X