No announcement yet.

9/11/2001 - Where were you....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training some tracking dogs with a prison K-9 crew out in the boonies. Me and another officer were on a track the prison guys had laid for our dogs. When we finished the track they told us a plane had hit the WTC but we all figured it was a cessna or something similar. We headed back into the prison in our truck which had no radio. As soon as we arrived they jumped out of their truck and said its an attack! They hit it with another plane. Long hour and a half ride home after that with no radio, wondering what was going on.

Comment

I was fishing at the time with a buddy who worked for the AF Bombing Range, we were allowed on a lake on the BR's property since he worked there (Air Traffic Control). As we were coming in about 9:30 a.m., the AF troops were scrambling with loaded weapons and a few jets were starting to fly in. When we asked a AF ground troop, he said, "America was attacked and you need to leave now" as he stood by us with M16 in hand. I will never, ever forget. Watching Fox News for the remembrance, they showed the celebration that was going on in Pakistan on 9/11/11. It angered me so much, I had to turn it off.
      1991 PROSTAR 190 Flagship Blue POWERSLOT OJ XMP CNC 13.7x17.5 .110 4B
      A.K.A. One of a kind mistake
      2011 Best In Show- 1987-2000 class

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call Eric from OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Originally posted by flipper
      "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Comment

I was in Boulder, CO at a training class with people from all over the US. There were 3 ladies in the class that had either boyfriends or husbands that worked in the WTC. This made it real for me. It was a tough time.

I ended up driving hom to Nashville in a Lincoln Continental with a bunch of others from the class. It was strange on the expressway becuase everyone was in the same situation. The US was very "together" and of one mind on those days.

Never Forget!!!

Comment

Wife, 18 month old son, and I were at Trinity Lake, California. No phone, no TV, no Radio. Beautiful day, couldnt figure out why no plains in the sky?? Came off of lake about 4pm for dinner, passed a camp that told us that the US had been attacked! Went to local store and caught some news. Headed for home the next day.

Comment

I was glued to the TV. My old friend, Billy Forney, was on the 85th Floor of the north tower. One of the people on his floor knew it had been a plane that had hit them and they were quick to begin their evacuation. His exit was delayed, however, because he and a friend helped a woman make the long descent down the stairs and she needed lots of assistance and time to rest. They never left her while in the building. Some time later, they had made their way to the sub floor/basement shopping area of the north tower when they heard a horrific sound. They dove for cover and were pelted by debris as the south tower collapsed nearby. They made their way through near pitch black conditions to an escalator and were able to get out and get away from the north tower before it collapsed.

Billy now works in Houston.

You can read the moment by moment account he wrote of his escape here.
            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

This thread make me proud to be "made in America".
              2003 Prostar 209 Sammy Duvall

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                I was glued to the TV. My old friend, Billy Forney, was on the 85th Floor of the north tower. One of the people on his floor knew it had been a plane that had hit them and they were quick to begin their evacuation. His exit was delayed, however, because he and a friend helped a woman make the long descent down the stairs and she needed lots of assistance and time to rest. They never left her while in the building. Some time later, they had made their way to the sub floor/basement shopping area of the north tower when they heard a horrific sound. They dove for cover and were pelted by debris as the south tower collapsed nearby. They made their way through near pitch black conditions to an escalator and were able to get out and get away from the north tower before it collapsed.

Billy now works in Houston.

You can read the moment by moment account he wrote of his escape here.
                Eastie, Thanks for sharing Billy's story. Worth the read.
                If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I was driving west bound on the mass pike leaving Boston for CT. I had commuted to Boston the night before after finishing a 4day trip in Newark, NJ where my airline has a base. Directly across the river from the towers. Spent the evening with my GF (now wife). Driving toward home, listening to howard stern on 104.1. He broke the news, and i thought it was a cruel and stupid prank, so i changed the channel. I listened and hoped it wasn't any of my good friends piloting the aircraft that day.

That day still haunts me everyday I am at work. For us in the airline industry, it is literally inescapable and always will be.

Comment

On my way to Co. Springs for a meeting at the Broadmoor. If anyone knows the Broadmoor, it's a 5-star resort that also happens to sit at the base of NORAD, which controls/monitors (I believe) most of the military air defense. As everyone recalls, the first few hours after the planes hit no one truly knew what was going to happen next. We didn't know if we were at the safest place in the U.S. or the first place that was going to get hit next. We had a meeting room with a TV on one wall watching the news and a view of the NORAD mountain on the wall behind us. Seems like yesterday.

Comment

I was living in Colorado Springs and my daughter had a late school start that day. I saw on the news the video of the plane that hit the first tower. At the time they said it was a small plane. And then, in the background, as they were reporting, the second plane flew into the other tower. Later on as we were all watching our monitors at work for the latest news, I got word that my Dad had passed away after a long illness. We had to get to California but all of the airports were closed, so we piled into the car and made the drive out there. I remember lots of rental cars out on the highways filled with people trying to get back to their families from wherever they were. Very sad day for me for many reasons.

Comment

I was home sick from work - had a birthday party that night too. 9-11 is my birthday

Comment

I was fixing to walk out the door to go fishing. Watched the second plane hit the second tower. Said a short pray for those that died without knowing there would be others and went fishing. To put things in prospective---nine eleven was a tragedy but there have been other tragedy's before and since. I refuse to dwell or get angry over it besides these gestures like this post. I find a lot of things tragic and sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                            Eastie, Thanks for sharing Billy's story. Worth the read.
                            Yeah, I agree. I have read it several times and still can't believe he made it out.
                            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Its time to remember again!! Never Forget!!

God Bless America!!

"Lets Roll!!!"
                              Attached Files
                              If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                              1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I was in NorCal. It was about the 3rd week of my first teaching job. School secretary was a NY girl. I think we all were in shock, really not sure what to do. Like many of you, we were given instructions to stay in place/stay inside, but with little explanation. Did start to get some information from parents calling the school/listening to the radio in the office. Didn't get much teaching done that day. I do remember the distinct absence of aircraft in the sky.
                                G

Comment

Working...
                                X