any FJ40 owners on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any FJ40 owners on here.

just curious if anybody drives any old landcruiser here on this forum ??

anybody?
    sigpic

1988 mastercraft tristar (open bow).

Does a 60 count? lol
    dbrown on here also has some landcruisers, i met him on ih8mud then we ran into eachother here too.
    Sold my '89 PS190

'07 PS197 TT w/PP & ZO

club boat '12 PS197 TT

Comment

sure 60's count
      i'm on Mud also cool
      i just picked up a 1988 tristar

cheers!
      sigpic

Comment

Lets see some pictures of your 40s and 60s. I sold my 77 Bronco a few years ago and am in the market again for a FJ40.

Comment

I've always wanted a FJ40

I looked at one a few years ago and passed. I wish I hadn't sometimes, but I'm glad I did since it wasn't in that good of shape. Plus they've gotten too pricy. I may look at the newer models in the next year. It's not the same, but a reasonable solution. I'm tired of the big 4 door SUVs. I even saw a 2 door Rodeo hard top for sale and checked it out. The owner is $2K over KBB.
          Welcome!
          Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
          Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
          256 786 2244
          [email protected]

Comment

I got a 1998 100. Picked it up a few months ago. Got it from some friends for next to nothing. Needed some minor body work but I got it fixed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	2302943

Comment

heres mine. 38.5 swampers ,350 chev.

cheers
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

All you need is a safari snorkel on that dude

Comment

nice '40! I had a 60, currently have an 80. No lockers, mostly stock, wife mainly uses it as I have a company truck. But every once in a while I try to get it just a bit off the road, and it seems to really enjoy it! Some day I plan to get a 40, they are so cool. But only when I have the place to wrench on it, and the time to take it off road a lot.
                  Kevin
                  1989 ProStar 190 with "Safe T Top", 351 Ford, GT 40 heads painted Ford Blue, Elec. Ign, 1:1, 970 hours, 4 blade prop, PP 6.5, removable platform brackets, custom color from factory, hot water shower, Boat Buddy & LED lights on trailer (boat is sold, but not forgotten!)
                  Currently have a '99 Response LX, but kinda miss the MC!
                  2010 D3 Z7, 2 @ 32 off, 34 mph so far

Comment

thanks . mine doesn't see the road much anymore either. maybe 10-12 times a year .
                    80's are cool also .no lockers? oh well .
                    i don't get to wrench on mine much either .now my interests have turned to my old 1988 tristar ,I need to get it all cleaned up and ready for next summer

cheers Jake

Originally posted by Kevin 89MC View Post
                    nice '40! I had a 60, currently have an 80. No lockers, mostly stock, wife mainly uses it as I have a company truck. But every once in a while I try to get it just a bit off the road, and it seems to really enjoy it! Some day I plan to get a 40, they are so cool. But only when I have the place to wrench on it, and the time to take it off road a lot.
                    Kevin
                    sigpic

Comment

Jake- you oughta recognize my username from ih8mud, been on there pretty much since the forum started.

I have a '74 FJ40 that was my first ride and got built into a crawler SE style. Ran every trail at Tellico many times before it was closed. Still running the original engine and it has not been pampered.

Also have a '93 FZJ80 with some lift, 35's, lockers, ARB, snorkel and winch. Tows the 40 and the Mastercraft on occasion. Mostly gets driven to go camping and hunting. It's for sale, BTW.

Rest of the family has a '97 FZJ80 and a '04 UZJ100. Dad sold my roommate his old '98 UZJ100 so it is still pretty much in the family.

Getting our X9 and getting pretty heavy into wakeboarding, and then barefooting and now stand up jet skis has seriously cut into my fourwheeling time. Still go on a couple big trips a year and put plenty of miles on my '74 just enjoying it around town. Selling the '93 to get a better hauler (Tundra 4x4 with 5.7L).

So yes, I have some cruisers.

Last edited by CruisinGA; 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM.
                      Bailey
                      '02 X-9
                      Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

for sure i recognize your username good to know there is a familiar user on here too .

nice 80 ,i likely

i don't use my rig much either .i just unloaded all of my cruiser parts to buy my tristar. ,i have too many kids (3) they just don't fit in the cruiser very well anymore
                        and they would rather be on the lake tubing and skiing . i can be skiing in 30 mins ,or wheeling in 2hrs .skiing is just way more fun and relaxing

cheers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pbgbottle View Post
                          i'm on Mud also cool
                          Does Nissan count??

Comment

sure why not .we have a few RHD ones cruising around the neighbourhood

Originally posted by Gert View Post
                            Does Nissan count??

sigpic

Comment

Nice hobby in the winter

Body lift, EMU drive train, Nissan lockers front and rear, winch, snorkel, dieselpump upgrade, intercooler, ss free flowing side pipe, 33" and tow bar for the Prostar (crappy phone pic):

Comment

Working...
                              X