No announcement yet.

Romney vs. Obama - who's better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbelievable! I suppose I am going to need a bigger front bumper. I had no idea so many people were so misled.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
      Unbelievable! I suppose I am going to need a bigger front bumper. I had no idea so many people were so misled.
      the beauty is it's always the other guy that's misled.

Comment

Originally posted by jhall0711 View Post
        I think this is by far the most relevant campaign add I have seen. It echoes my exact thoughts. I saw it for the first time yesterday. Hopefully this, if nothing else, will hit home for a lot of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzh-9LBDsGQ
        This ad is spot on. When you take the reward away from working hard, everyone will stop trying and expect a free ride as well.

I know Romney will not solve my problems - no politician can. My problems are my responsibility, and in reality, this country's problems are not going to be solved by politicians either. We are dealing with a growing number of people who do not take responsibility for their lives, and expect someone else to raise and teach their children, pay for their education, pay their house payments when they stretch themselves too thin, I could keep going but we all get the point.

Why I am voting for Romney is because I think we stand a better chance of him decreasing funding of programs that are nothing more than handouts. If people have no one to turn to for their well being, they will have to find the strength within themselves to make it. Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping people, but like Dave Ramsey says, sometimes the best help you can give them is to let them hit rock bottom and learn how to help themselves. The old proverb is true, if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, but if you teach him to fish he eats the rest of his life.

Also, I cannot vote for a man who wants to ram legislation down our throats in the name of helping people, but personally gives less than 1% of his income to charities (OBAMA). Then, this man blasts Romney for only paying a 14% tax rate (which is because the majority of his income comes from capital gains, perfectly legal as of right now) when he is giving close to 30% of his income to charitable foundations and churches. If you look at that alone, who does it appear is the more caring person or at least more willing to help people?

My wife also pointed out something interesting. Obama basically said in the debate that we had lost some low wage, low skill jobs to China that will never come back. I guess he thinks that America is above having jobs like that. I don't get his logic in this statement. I mean let's be honest, not everyone is going to college or needs to go to college, because not everyone can be an accountant, a sales rep, an engineer, a business exec, etc. The demand for jobs like that is just not high enough to warrant everyone going to college or trade school. In truth, even though I support higher education, it has made it harder for blue collar people to get jobs because we have so many college educated people flooding the labor force and taking jobs that they are overqualified for. It is getting to the point that you have to go to college to get just about any decent job, and I don't agree with that. Does the president think that Americans should only be the think tanks and then we should send all our designs overseas to the 3rd world workers to do the low wage work for us? How does that help our economy? The truth is it takes a wide range of jobs and skill sets to make our economy run correctly. Just like we need brilliant minds in design, business managment, sales and finances, we also need those "average joes" (for lack of a better term) to take pride in building the products and sending goods out the door for America to thrive. No politician is going to say that, but I believe that is the fact of the matter. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, my vote is for Romney.

Comment

Gas prices reflect the cost of everything right. The stupid *** stimulus spending, QE1, QE2 and now QE3 are driving our currency into the ground. Everyone else around the world sees us printing more money and our prices for goods are going through the roof. Opec has been raising the cost per barrell not because demand is up but rather because we purchase oil with dollars and they know a dollar is not worth what it used to be. As the dollar falls the cost for every day items will rise. Fuel, food, steel, everything!

So, yes I blame Obama for the state of our Nation and where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rkhodges21 View Post
            This ad is spot on. When you take the reward away from working hard, everyone will stop trying and expect a free ride as well.

I know Romney will not solve my problems - no politician can. My problems are my responsibility, and in reality, this country's problems are not going to be solved by politicians either. We are dealing with a growing number of people who do not take responsibility for their lives, and expect someone else to raise and teach their children, pay for their education, pay their house payments when they stretch themselves too thin, I could keep going but we all get the point.

Why I am voting for Romney is because I think we stand a better chance of him decreasing funding of programs that are nothing more than handouts. If people have no one to turn to for their well being, they will have to find the strength within themselves to make it. Don't get me wrong, I am all for helping people, but like Dave Ramsey says, sometimes the best help you can give them is to let them hit rock bottom and learn how to help themselves. The old proverb is true, if you give a man a fish he eats for a day, but if you teach him to fish he eats the rest of his life.

Also, I cannot vote for a man who wants to ram legislation down our throats in the name of helping people, but personally gives less than 1% of his income to charities (OBAMA). Then, this man blasts Romney for only paying a 14% tax rate (which is because the majority of his income comes from capital gains, perfectly legal as of right now) when he is giving close to 30% of his income to charitable foundations and churches. If you look at that alone, who does it appear is the more caring person or at least more willing to help people?

My wife also pointed out something interesting. Obama basically said in the debate that we had lost some low wage, low skill jobs to China that will never come back. I guess he thinks that America is above having jobs like that. I don't get his logic in this statement. I mean let's be honest, not everyone is going to college or needs to go to college, because not everyone can be an accountant, a sales rep, an engineer, a business exec, etc. The demand for jobs like that is just not high enough to warrant everyone going to college or trade school. In truth, even though I support higher education, it has made it harder for blue collar people to get jobs because we have so many college educated people flooding the labor force and taking jobs that they are overqualified for. It is getting to the point that you have to go to college to get just about any decent job, and I don't agree with that. Does the president think that Americans should only be the think tanks and then we should send all our designs overseas to the 3rd world workers to do the low wage work for us? How does that help our economy? The truth is it takes a wide range of jobs and skill sets to make our economy run correctly. Just like we need brilliant minds in design, business managment, sales and finances, we also need those "average joes" (for lack of a better term) to take pride in building the products and sending goods out the door for America to thrive. No politician is going to say that, but I believe that is the fact of the matter. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyways, my vote is for Romney.

Amen... Whole heartedly agree here. Couldn't have said it better myself.
            -Mike

Comment

Romney...I'll gladly vote for a guy who has been as successful as he has running businesses. As for being worth $500 million (or whatever it is), even more reason to like him. As for not being like "us"...maybe that's true...but I'm envious. He made himself wealthy. And as for paying 14% tax rate...even better...he manages to make a lot of money, and keep it in his pocket. And oh by the way...he's following the tax code to do it. He's done nothing illegal, rather he's been wise and efficient.

What should he do? Make a lot, just to give it to the government to waste away? How many government ran programs are actually self-sustaining? Very few, if any. So why is it people think we need even more government to help us...they can't operate as it stands now.

Coming from a business where my time is charged in 6 minute intervals, nothing is more irritating than to see bigger and bigger government, where the incentive to "go the extra mile" is non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
                Amen... Whole heartedly agree here. Couldn't have said it better myself.
                Agree! Agree! Agree! Well said!

Comment

The reality on who is better.....

Mitt Romney
                  Pro NDAA
                  Pro Patriot Act
                  Pro Agenda 21
                  Pro TSA
                  Pro Carbon tax
                  Pro Individual Mandate
                  Pro Abortion
                  Pro Endless Undeclared Wars
                  Pro Occupation
                  Pro Torture
                  Pro Assassination
                  Pro Drone Strikes
                  Pro Aid to Israel and Dictatorships
                  Pro Drug War
                  Pro Banker Bailouts
                  Pro Federal Reserve
                  Pro IRS and IMF
                  Pro Corporatism
                  Pro NAFTA
                  Pro Illegal Immigration
                  Pro North American Union
                  Pro Gun Grab
                  Funded by Goldman Sachs
                  Lies to You

Barack Obama
                  Pro NDAA
                  Pro Patriot Act
                  Pro Agenda 21
                  Pro TSA
                  Pro Carbon tax
                  Pro Individual Mandate
                  Pro Abortion
                  Pro Endless Undeclared Wars
                  Pro Occupation
                  Pro Torture
                  Pro Assassination
                  Pro Drone Strikes
                  Pro Aid to Israel and Dictatorships
                  Pro Drug War
                  Pro Banker Bailouts
                  Pro Federal Reserve
                  Pro IRS and IMF
                  Pro Corporatism
                  Pro NAFTA
                  Pro Illegal Immigration
                  Pro North American Union
                  Pro Gun Grab
                  Funded by Goldman Sachs
                  Lies to You

Neither is better.
                  2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                  "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                  Taxation = Theft

Comment

Originally posted by kyfooter View Post
                    Romney...I'll gladly vote for a guy who has been as successful as he has running businesses. As for being worth $500 million (or whatever it is), even more reason to like him. As for not being like "us"...maybe that's true...but I'm envious. He made himself wealthy. And as for paying 14% tax rate...even better...he manages to make a lot of money, and keep it in his pocket. And oh by the way...he's following the tax code to do it. He's done nothing illegal, rather he's been wise and efficient.

What should he do? Make a lot, just to give it to the government to waste away? How many government ran programs are actually self-sustaining? Very few, if any. So why is it people think we need even more government to help us...they can't operate as it stands now.

Coming from a business where my time is charged in 6 minute intervals, nothing is more irritating than to see bigger and bigger government, where the incentive to "go the extra mile" is non-existent.
                    I agree 100%. I brought up the 30% Romney charity comment to another friend of mine, and he said, "He only did that to get a tax write-off." To which I replied that doing almost anything for a tax write-off is like spending $100 to save $30. But, I feel that anyone giving of their own money to a charity, even if that does mean the gov't gets less of his/her income, has done the greater good because that charity is more than likely going to use that money much more efficiently than any gov't program could hope to. In many ways I wish that the gov't would give a 100% tax credit to charitable giving and/or take the monies allocated to social programs and give it all to charities so that the money will have a greater impact in communities and not be sucked dry by failing bureacracies. Maybe I am way off on that.

Comment

I agree 100%. I brought up the 30% Romney charity comment to another friend of mine, and he said, "He only did that to get a tax write-off." To which I replied that doing almost anything for a tax write-off is like spending $100 to save $30. But, I feel that anyone giving of their own money to a charity, even if that does mean the gov't gets less of his/her income, has done the greater good because that charity is more than likely going to use that money much more efficiently than any gov't program could hope to. In many ways I wish that the gov't would give a 100% tax credit to charitable giving and/or take the monies allocated to social programs and give it all to charities so that the money will have a greater impact in communities and not be sucked dry by failing bureacracies. Maybe I am way off on that.
                      Oh no your spot on! I agree 100%.

Comment

Just mailed off my absentee ballot...my vote is for Romney of course.

Comment

My wife also pointed out something interesting. Obama basically said in the debate that we had lost some low wage, low skill jobs to China that will never come back. I guess he thinks that America is above having jobs like that. I don't get his logic in this statement. I mean let's be honest, not everyone is going to college or needs to go to college, because not everyone can be an accountant, a sales rep, an engineer, a business exec, etc. The demand for jobs like that is just not high enough to warrant everyone going to college or trade school.
                          I don't like being the one to defend Obama, but he did say those low wage jobs won't come back to the US because we can't compete WRT wages, not because America is above having those jobs and before anyone forgets, one of the arguments I have heard in favor of allowing illegals to work in the US is that they're willing and able to do jobs Americans don't want to or are unable to.

You're right- not everyone will go to college or, for that matter, not everyone is "college material" but when you look at a city like Milwaukee, the public school budget is almost equal to the budget for the whole city, yet the test scores are abysmal and they have a 47% dropout rate. Those kids aren't going to have a decent life, won't get a good job (unless they come to their senses) and they definitely won't be going to college unless they get their GED. One of the problems I have with some parents is that they decided they don't want their kids to do manual labor, so the school systems stopped shop classes. People talk/complain about the US becoming a service industry nation, yet they don't want their kid to have a chance of a good job, great pay and if in a union, great benefits. Not all of these kids are "college material" but that doesn't stop the parents from deciding what tehir kids will do for a living.

Comment

Ask your friend how much he gives to charity and if he says it's not much, ask if he takes the whole $500 write-off allowed by the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimN View Post
                              Ask your friend how much he gives to charity and if he says it's not much, ask if he takes the whole $500 write-off allowed by the IRS.
                              I'm sure he feels he is 'entitled' to that whole deduction. I am REALLY hoping some businessman can take control and fix a few broken things in this country. We need serious help.

Attached Files
                              onewheat

2013 X-25

Comment

Originally posted by onewheat View Post
                                I'm sure he feels he is 'entitled' to that whole deduction. I am REALLY hoping some businessman can take control and fix a few broken things in this country. We need serious help.
                                "Entitlement"- there's that word, again.

Comment

Working...
                                X