Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trickskier View Post
    Yo - CP - Footin --- Any of you "Die Hard" luckeyes coming down to DaVille for the game?
    Naw, I have to work on that Monday.

I wonder what the record is of teams playing in a bowl game that have switched their coach between the last regular season game and their bowl game?
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
    Oh no, watch out for the Racoon-Dogs? You might get sick.

Comment

• Go Big Red!

Comment

• Originally posted by captain planet View Post
        ....and he should be. Did you see the bowl they drew? This is disgraceful, an 11-1 team playing it the Las Vegas Bowl vs. Az. St.? They will beat ASU by 3 td's. I could see if Boise didn't show up during the BCS games, but they have proven they are for real every time they are in one of those games.
        The problem isn't the players showing up and playing a good game. The reason they are stuck in this bowl is because their fans don't travel well. It's all about the almighty $.
        Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
        Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

....and he should be. Did you see the bowl they drew? This is disgraceful, an 11-1 team playing it the Las Vegas Bowl vs. Az. St.? They will beat ASU by 3 td's. I could see if Boise didn't show up during the BCS games, but they have proven they are for real every time they are in one of those games.
          I agree completely. The non BCS schools continue to get the shaft year after year, even though they have proven themselves worthy of a bid based on their head to head play against BCS conference schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by ttu View Post
            i am sure if you remember but this is the second plane crash to effect the osu community. not going to make any excuses as to that loss by any means.

have you looked at the strength of schedule for both bama and osu. pretty sure osu is higher. again, if they would have done what they were suppose to we could not be having this bs discussion.

that being said, i really like kirk herbstreit's "and one" idea.
            I would be in favor of a plus one fwiw.

"The Big 12 was one of several leagues that blocked SEC commissioner Mike Slive's 2008 proposal for a four-team, seeded tournament. The ACC was the only conference that supported the plan."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1fmVjgaQh

Comment

• Originally posted by scott023 View Post
              That's complete horse crap.
              What is horse crap, should we take into consideration one tragedy and not another?

Comment

Who is playing in the Sugar Bowl?......Oh, Fred Flintstone and meatchicken will be playing Virginia Tech.

Go Hokies, beat hokey!
                Virginia Tech does not belong in a BCS game.
                Automatic doors make me feel like a Jedi

Comment

• Originally posted by DemolitionMan View Post
                  Virginia Tech does not belong in a BCS game.
                  ......niether does meatchicken. Boise State is more deserving than either of the Sugar Bowl teams to be there.

And on another note....I fear Michigan State will not show well for the Big 10 again this year. I would like the Big 10 to go 9-1 in their bowl games this year, but I just don't see it.
                  2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                  Oh no, watch out for the Racoon-Dogs? You might get sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWB-745- View Post
                    What is horse crap, should we take into consideration one tragedy and not another?
                    No, they both should have consideration. One was the day before the game. The other wsan't. Biased fans really need not participate in the discussion, for obvious reasons.

Comment

• You're kidding yourself if you think any of those football players had any direct interaction with their WBB coaches.

Comment

No, they both should have consideration. One was the day before the game. The other wsan't. Biased fans really need not participate in the discussion, for obvious reasons.
                        It is deplorable to try and use the plane crash as an excuse for the loss. If that was the reason they never would have been up 24-7. Were they not grieving at that point? Did the grief hit them at halftime? Pretty sure Alabama never used the death of one of their players right before the season as an excuse for anything.

Comment

Agreed. Kind of funny where the last two posters hail from.

Comment

• I went to Texas A&M. We didn't use the excuse of losing 12 of our students in the Bonfire tragedy either. Instead we dedicated the game to them and beat Texas.

If you want to comment then explain how OSU was up 24-7 and then the grief kicked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 MC View Post
                              Agreed. Kind of funny where the last two posters hail from.
                              Yeah, I guess we have no business discussing our teams or any CFB topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuartmcnair View Post
                                I went to Texas A&M. We didn't use the excuse of losing 12 of our students in the Bonfire tragedy either. Instead we dedicated the game to them and beat Texas.

If you want to comment then explain how OSU was up 24-7 and then the grief kicked in.
                                Not using the "grief" as an excuse. They lost, on the road, in double OT. I simply think OSU, based on Top 25 wins, SOS, etc., deserves it as much as Alabama. Everyone is using the "who you lost to" to determine everything--there's other factors. We just need a better system, that's all. I don't have a dog in this fight. Folks with Tuscaloosa next to their Location ID are pre-judged as having a biased to Alabama, my bad. Maybe you're an Auburn fan???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎