No announcement yet.

Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tracking the injury to UCFs QB?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ers-leg-injury
    -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• The videos I have seen do not corroborate the story coming out of LSU. Show Craig jawing with other coaches, kid in red shirt walking him back and then an LSU staff member following them and adding to the problem. Kid in red shirt pushes that staff member and that is when Faulk gets in a fight with him. The problem was Craig and Faulk. Both have histories of this same type of nonsense. I would have no problem if Craig was let go.

As for officiating the LSU fans seem to be OK with not calling pass interference when it is obvious so you don't get a pass on it getting called in that last OT. He was held coming out of his break. At that point it does not matter if you deem the pass "catchable" as the opportunity to make it was impeded. You can argue about the catch / fumble all you want but had he been ten yards further down the field would you have agreed that it was a catch / touchdown? No. Same as the knee being down. As far as review goes, the booth initiates the review. If they see something that was not called correctly on the field then they signal the officials on the sideline to halt play. If you are that upset about it though, maybe a few billboards in Birmingham would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
        Anyone tracking the injury to UCFs QB?

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ers-leg-injury
        Reports are getting worse about the injury itself. Some nerve damage and loss of blood flow to the lower leg which has been restored after surgery. Hopefully this is not sport ending and he heals.
        -Tim

Comment

Reports are getting worse about the injury itself. Some nerve damage and loss of blood flow to the lower leg which has been restored after surgery. Hopefully this is not sport ending and he heals.
          I agree, I hope he can recover.

Tyrone Prothro was never the same after his severely broken leg. Never played another down, no NFL, multiple surgeries. Still has a limp to this day. I think he's coaching HS football here in the Bham area.

Comment

• It was awful. Sad to see it.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668LBxTyJkA

Love is the reason for the fight. How about them Aggies!
              2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Pulling for him! Full recovery is possible with a little luck and timely surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• So notre lame doesn't have any skin in the game this weekend and by that they are 99% assured to get into the playoffs.

Either of Georgia, or Ohio is a better team and nd shouldn't be allowed a walk. If they don't share the risk they should not get the reward.

I hope the committee takes a long hard look at what's at stake here.
                  -Tim

Comment

So notre lame doesn't have any skin in the game this weekend and by that they are 99% assured to get into the playoffs.

Either of Georgia, or Ohio is a better team and nd shouldn't be allowed a walk. If they don't share the risk they should not get the reward.

I hope the committee takes a long hard look at what's at stake here.
                    If Georgia loses to Bama they dont deserve a ticket to the playoffs because it would likely be a rematch of Bama Georgia in either the first or second round and Bama doesn't deserve the double jeopardy after they already beat Bama once.
                    2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                      If Georgia loses to Bama they dont deserve a ticket to the playoffs because it would likely be a rematch of Bama Georgia in either the first or second round and Bama doesn't deserve the double jeopardy after they already beat Bama once.
                      Just no!

Saying someone shouldn't be in the playoffs because it's a rematch is BS.

It's top 4 teams, rematch or not.
                      -Tim

Comment

• Georgia controls its own destiny. I don't think a rematch is out of the question. If UGA wins today I think they have a legitimate claim to stay in the top 4. I don't think a loss for Bama will put them out. I hate to say it but I don't see UGA winning today and with 2 losses they are out no matter what. Then it becomes an argument over who is better Ohio State or Oklahoma assuming that they both win. Personally, I'd give the nod to Oklahoma with their one loss being to a ranked Texas team who they are playing again. Ohio state lost to Purdue, not just lost but got stomped....they have no business even being in this discussion. As for Notre Dame, I hope they end up playing Bama again. Maybe they will show up, but if they don't, maybe they will stop being perennially over ranked and people will actually take into account the fact that they always play a fairly week schedule and get to rest till January after the regular season...

Comment

• What a game it was!! Big props to Jalen Hurts!
                          -Tim

Comment

• UGA Bama was a great game feels like Kirby should change his last name ... not great clock management and the punt fake .. yikes.

Very happy for Jalen Hurts, saves his team.

Bama
                            Clemson
                            ND
                            OU

My Buckeyes in the 5.

I would like to see ND in the 4 spot for not playing in a conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                            1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                            Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                            "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• The Hurts’ story is hard to describe in words. Saban may have come closest by saying he was never as proud of a player. Not a fan of Bama but could see how.

I’ll just go ahead and say that Georgia’s season should not end.

Comment

• Before we all start talking about the playoffs and how Clemson gets a first round bye, I'd like to point something out and tell a joke.

First a fact. 14 out of the last 16 years THE Ohio State University has beaten meatchicken.

For the 4th straight year there are seniors graduating meatchicken who never beat THE Ohio State University. Conversely, for the 4th straight year the senior class at THE Ohio State University never lost to meatchicken.

The following players were seniors at meatchicken who are from Ohio and will live with the regret of turning their back on their state for the rest of their days:

OL Nolan Ulizio
                                LB Noah Furbush
                                DB Tyree Kinnel

Happy Trails douchebags.

And now a joke:

How do you prevent a meatchicken fan from masturbating?

Paint his ***** Scarlet and Gray, then he won't beat it for several years.

Have a great week everybody.
                                2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                                "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                                Taxation = Theft

Comment

Working...
                                X