X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.espn.com/college-football...wing-rose-bowl

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
      I'm not sure what you're all happy about, the next 10 decommits are coming from the suckeyes because your coach is a POS. I was hoping you'd get enough 3 star players to get a title in the next 6 years to keep up with the one title ever 10 years but that wont happen now.
      To be expected, there have been a couple and you can't blame the kids, however our keystone recruits are doing a lot of the recruiting for us. Lake Travis' Garrett Wilson in particular has been very vocal about his commitment to Ohio State regardless of coach.

Gotta love the insecurity though...lol. Ohio State has been one of the most consistently good teams to ever participate in college football. Enjoy the current dynasty, but were you a Bammer back when Shula was bowl ineligible or losing to Minnesota in the Music City Bowl?
      Tim
      2021 Lone Star MasterBash
      Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
      1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
      1995 MC ProStar 205
      ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

• Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
        To be expected, there have been a couple and you can't blame the kids, however our keystone recruits are doing a lot of the recruiting for us. Lake Travis' Garrett Wilson in particular has been very vocal about his commitment to Ohio State regardless of coach.

Gotta love the insecurity though...lol. Ohio State has been one of the most consistently good teams to ever participate in college football. Enjoy the current dynasty, but were you a Bammer back when Shula was bowl ineligible or losing to Minnesota in the Music City Bowl?
        No he wasn't.....he started when he moved there and ignored his roots because it was convenient and easy to root for a winner instead of pulling for UCLA, CAL, or USC since they have been down for a while. Which is basically why it is annoying to see all the bama posts and his fandom has little meaning.
        2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
        "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
        Taxation = Theft

Comment

• Originally posted by captain planet View Post
          No he wasn't.....he started when he moved there and ignored his roots because it was convenient and easy to root for a winner instead of pulling for UCLA, CAL, or USC since they have been down for a while. Which is basically why it is annoying to see all the bama posts and his fandom has little meaning.
          So much salt CP, so much salt.

It's worse then that. I moved here in 94 when I got back from Korea the second time and didn't start watching college football until I retired in 09 which just happens to be the year Alabama started winning!!!

WOOT for Alabama starting to win because I became a fan of college football. So they owe all their success to ME!!!
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
            LSU is in the lose lose bowl! They can't win for playing. If they win, its expected because its UCF, if they lose- national embarrassment!

Warms my heart knowing we put em there! 74-72!
            We would have been there regardless of whether or not you beat us. Georgia was still going to the Sugar Bowl and Florida fans don't travel well. The only question out of that game was if we would get into one, not where we would go. The only way I could see the SEC slots in the NY6 get shaken up would have been if Georgia beat Alabama and they both went to the playoffs.
            2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
            2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
            Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
            Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Interesting perspective. To me a fan is someone who supports a team consistently. A ban wagon fan is someone who supports a team only when it is convenient for them - typically they pick a winning team and supports them while they are winning. I have seen parents who are very strong fans for teams "X". But when their child attends team X's rival, they start supporting the school where their child attends. Other fans cheer for the team that is local to where they live. Or something in their live puts them in an environment where there are enough influences that make it fun to support a specific team.

I fit none of those. I live in Missouri, and went to a division 2 school in Missouri (which I strongly support). But, when it comes to division 1 college sports, I am an Oklahoma Sooner fan and have been for over 30 years. Everyone who knows me well, knows that they are my team. I have no connection to Oklahoma, they are just my chosen team. I have never lived in Oklahoma. I nor anyone of my family members have atteneded OU. Does that make my value as a fan less? Maybe in your eyes, but not mine. They are my team for all sports in good years and bad. When Nebraska was in the Big 12 (and a hated rival of OU), there was nothing I liked more than to wear OU gear when visiting friends/family in Nebraska.

We are fans, we cheer for our team. We support our teams. We root against our rivals. But at the end of the day, our limit to the outcome of any event is crowd noise.

It is sports entertainment. It keeps us entertained. We don't have to fit someone else's rules to who we support or how we get our entertainment. It is not personal.

Relax. Smile. Be nice to someone. Help a stranger (that is how I met Corbin).

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                We would have been there regardless of whether or not you beat us. Georgia was still going to the Sugar Bowl and Florida fans don't travel well. The only question out of that game was if we would get into one, not where we would go. The only way I could see the SEC slots in the NY6 get shaken up would have been if Georgia beat Alabama and they both went to the playoffs.
                Yeah, once Alabama won the SEC CCG, the bowls were pretty much locked in.
                Tim
                2021 Lone Star MasterBash
                Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                1995 MC ProStar 205
                ISO MC 205V/XStar, X2

Comment

• Originally posted by kscrib View Post
                  Interesting perspective. To me a fan is someone who supports a team consistently. A ban wagon fan is someone who supports a team only when it is convenient for them - typically they pick a winning team and supports them while they are winning. I have seen parents who are very strong fans for teams "X". But when their child attends team X's rival, they start supporting the school where their child attends. Other fans cheer for the team that is local to where they live. Or something in their live puts them in an environment where there are enough influences that make it fun to support a specific team.

I fit none of those. I live in Missouri, and went to a division 2 school in Missouri (which I strongly support). But, when it comes to division 1 college sports, I am an Oklahoma Sooner fan and have been for over 30 years. Everyone who knows me well, knows that they are my team. I have no connection to Oklahoma, they are just my chosen team. I have never lived in Oklahoma. I nor anyone of my family members have atteneded OU. Does that make my value as a fan less? Maybe in your eyes, but not mine. They are my team for all sports in good years and bad. When Nebraska was in the Big 12 (and a hated rival of OU), there was nothing I liked more than to wear OU gear when visiting friends/family in Nebraska.

We are fans, we cheer for our team. We support our teams. We root against our rivals. But at the end of the day, our limit to the outcome of any event is crowd noise.

It is sports entertainment. It keeps us entertained. We don't have to fit someone else's rules to who we support or how we get our entertainment. It is not personal.

Relax. Smile. Be nice to someone. Help a stranger (that is how I met Corbin).
                  If you are a fan of a team/school and have just always been a fan of that team/school, I've got no problem with that. Good friend of mine here in Ohio is the biggest Miami Hurricanes fan I've ever seen. He didn't go there, kids don't go there (yet), but he is a bigger "U" fan than some Buckeyes fans I know. So I don't hold your 'fandom' in contempt since you have always followed them.
                  2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                  "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                  Taxation = Theft

Comment

• Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                    We would have been there regardless of whether or not you beat us.
                    WTH!?!? I thought it was the refs?!?!?!
                    2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                      WTH!?!? I thought it was the refs?!?!?!
                      They're the 13th man
                      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Can someone please post up that emoji that is rolling on the floor laughing for me?
                        Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                        I'm not sure what you're all happy about, the next 10 decommits are coming from the suckeyes because your coach is a POS. I was hoping you'd get enough 3 star players to get a title in the next 6 years to keep up with the one title ever 10 years but that wont happen now.
                        Originally posted by captain planet View Post
                        Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post

Mega burn!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartandhp
                        -Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                          Of the two potentials, Georgia makes more sense for this guy. Tate Martell is at Ohio State and will have a significant leg up on the competition. Jake Fromm is probably going to be at Georgia one more year then that position is probably up for grabs.

Comment

• I am surprised that there aren't more decommits from OSU actually. Kudos to our trash coach (using other people's words) for announcing his retirement before the recruiting signing day. He could have waited until even after late signing day to announce but this give kids time to evaluate Ohio State to see if they still want to come. You don't just commit to a school. You heavily commit to the coaches for your development.

Comment

• So yeah I clicked on this article just to read the comments. Click right here

Comment

• Just like the paul thread, did not click!
                                -Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X