Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The game between the two cat teams was good!
    -Tim

    Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

    Comment


    • Breaking news: UCF fails to win back to back national championships but claims they will continue to defend their title in the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, Tour de France, Miss America, Dancing with the Stars, Quidditch World Cup, And Jumanji.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
        UCF back to back.... wait what?
        Since LSU beat the defending national champions, are they considered national champions this year?

        Comment


        • I was impressed with Texas' defense. They did pretty good for a team that plays in a conference that doesn't play defense :-) Oh - and the Big 12 was 2 wins and 1 loss vs SEC this bowl season.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kscrib View Post
            I was impressed with Texas' defense. They did pretty good for a team that plays in a conference that doesn't play defense :-) Oh - and the Big 12 was 2 wins and 1 loss vs SEC this bowl season.
            I am drinking SEC tears for breakfast this morning.
            Attached Files
            Aric


            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

            Comment


            • Whatever makes you feel good about yourself...

              These are the numbers that matter - Big XII
              in the CFP: 0-3
              in the BCS: 2-5

              That's 2 - 8 (.200) combined. Keep knocking that outa the park!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
                Whatever makes you feel good about yourself...

                These are the numbers that matter - Big XII
                in the CFP: 0-3
                in the BCS: 2-5

                That's 2 - 8 (.200) combined. Keep knocking that outa the park!
                The big 12 is a joke. OU was never in that game with Bama and Texas beat a Georgia team that didn't want to be there, it was pretty obvious.

                Sure a few big 12 teams beat weak SEC schools what does that prove?

                If Texas or OU played the same schedule that Bama and LSU play year in and year out they wouldn't survive. They cant match these teams physicality or in the trenches.

                Comment


                • Aside from the lack of quality defense (or even any defense) the BIG XII has a branding problem.

                  So, the race is on to see who of Okla or Texas can cobble together a real defense. But from a media exposure, television ratings perspective games like UT vs Kansas State or Baylor vs Iowa State are never going to have national appeal and be must watch TV on a given Saturday...Unless UT (or Okla) is getting their doors blown off by those mid level schools.

                  The best thing for Texas after last nights big win is: they don't have to play Maryland (who owns them) next season. Ouch!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                    The big 12 is a joke. OU was never in that game with Bama and Texas beat a Georgia team that didn't want to be there, it was pretty obvious.

                    Sure a few big 12 teams beat weak SEC schools what does that prove?

                    If Texas or OU played the same schedule that Bama and LSU play year in and year out they wouldn't survive. They cant match these teams physicality or in the trenches.
                    LSU barely beat the biggest joke in college football.

                    The “didn’t want to be there” is a shaky excuse, at best. How many points did LSU put up on Bama? Oh that’s right, none.
                    Aric


                    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                    Register Here

                    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                    Comment


                    • One more thing...take a look at Texas's September 7th match-up in DKR stadium.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                        LSU barely beat the biggest joke in college football.

                        The “didn’t want to be there” is a shaky excuse, at best. How many points did LSU put up on Bama? Oh that’s right, none.
                        Yeah, missing 8 defensive starters, that's a non-issue. Playing a WR at CB, no big deal.

                        LSU possessed the ball for 44 minutes and put up 555 yards of offense. The game wasn't as close as the scoreboard. But don't let facts or stats get in the way of your agenda.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
                          Yeah, missing 8 defensive starters, that's a non-issue. Playing a WR at CB, no big deal.

                          LSU possessed the ball for 44 minutes and put up 555 yards of offense. The game wasn't as close as the scoreboard. But don't let facts or stats get in the way of your agenda.
                          Stats definitely don’t win games, points do
                          Aric


                          LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

                          2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                            Stats definitely don’t win games, points do
                            Exactly!

                            That's why your OU/Bama 34/471 screen cap is irrelevant.

                            Oklahoma was over powered and over matched...even though they came back and scored some points. The deep ball was available to Bama any time they wanted it. They didn't throw it because they didn't want to put the D back on the field against Murray.

                            Ground and pound shortened the game. Tua threw more TDs than incompletions. But again, whatever. This is fun. How long until lake season starts?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              Stats definitely don’t win games, points do
                              So that is exactly the point of my comment: Three Big 12 (I had missed one in my initial comment) out scored 3 SEC teams.

                              Yes Bama beat OU. Yes, Bama is GOOD!!!! Yes Bama has beaten OU multiple years, I get that and don't disagree. But that doesn't change the fact that 3 Big 12 teams were better (for what ever excuse you need to feel better about your team/conference) 3 SEC teams in bowl games in the 2018-2019 bowl season.

                              Comment


                              • That Texas win was legit. UGA is a good team. But Vandy and Mizzou? Sorry. Those are the bottom feeders of the SEC. But congrats? I guess? Whatever you Big12 guys gotta do to make yourselves feel better. Your best team got beat by our best, and your 2nd best beat our 2nd best. So a solid bowl outing for those two teams (Oklahoma still played a great game, props to them) but no one cares about Vandy and Mizzou.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X