Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    LSU barely beat the biggest joke in college football.

    The “didn’t want to be there” is a shaky excuse, at best. How many points did LSU put up on Bama? Oh that’s right, none.
    Yes LSU lost 29-0, but OU was down 28-0 in the first quarter and wasn't even in the game, it was only 16-0 at half for Bama/LSU.

    Regardless of what you think about UCF, winning 25 straight games is a nice accomplishment but that doesn't make them worthy of the final 4. LSU was down 8 defensive starters and 4 of which were DBs. The scoreboard doesn't justify how the game was dominated. Look at the stats.

    Texas only beat Georgia by 7 but that game was never close.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
      That Texas win was legit. UGA is a good team. But Vandy and Mizzou? Sorry. Those are the bottom feeders of the SEC. But congrats? I guess? Whatever you Big12 guys gotta do to make yourselves feel better. Your best team got beat by our best, and your 2nd best beat our 2nd best. So a solid bowl outing for those two teams (Oklahoma still played a great game, props to them) but no one cares about Vandy and Mizzou.
      Vandy and Mizzou are in the SEC?

      Comment


      • Crow to high heaven. Other then the semi and national title games do you know what these bowl games mean? Nothing but money for that schools!
        -Tim

        Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

        Comment


        • Lot of BIG12 supporters pointing to Texas dominating Georgia and the 3-1 record as proof that the SEC is overrated and that Texas is a better team than Georgia.

          Texas dominated a team that didn't want to be there, its happened in the Sugar Bowl many times. BIG12 team beats SEC team that barely missed the Natty/Playoffs: 2019, 2014, 2013. Its a well documented trend.

          Is saying they didn't want to be there an excuse? Yes. But its also just reality. Georgia went yard for yard with Bama in the CCG.

          Texas did not dominate the same team that went yard for yard with Bama.

          If you think they did, would that not then mean Texas would dominate Bama also?

          We saw it in the Purdue v Ohio State game this year. Purdue dominated tOSU, but no sane person would argue that Purdue is a better team on any day except that one. Upsets happen and its what makes college football fun, but you can't honestly tell me Purdue is better than tOSU.

          I tip my hat to Texas for the win, and look forward to seeing what they can build from here, but if you think that playing Iowa State, Okie Lite, the Two Kansas Schools, TCU, and Baylor compares to the SEC, you are illiterate at talking about football. Current and past recruiting classes are a good example of this. Right now, 3 of the top 4 recruiting classes are in the SECW, and all 4 are in the SEC. If the last place SECW team (in 2019 recruiting) were to switch to the BIG12 overnight, they would sit at 3rd in the BIG12, (behind Texas and OU who rank 9 and 7 respectively.)
          2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

          I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

          "LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kscrib View Post
            I was impressed with Texas' defense. They did pretty good for a team that plays in a conference that doesn't play defense :-) Oh - and the Big 12 was 2 wins and 1 loss vs SEC this bowl season.
            Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            I am drinking SEC tears for breakfast this morning.
            No one in the SEC is crying, just smiling down on our little brother conferences.

            Originally posted by Timr71 View Post
            Whatever makes you feel good about yourself...

            These are the numbers that matter - Big XII
            in the CFP: 0-3
            in the BCS: 2-5

            That's 2 - 8 (.200) combined. Keep knocking that outa the park!
            Another fun one, the SEC has won the National Championship 9 times since the BIG12 did, 3 different SEC schools.

            Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            LSU barely beat the biggest joke in college football.

            The “didn’t want to be there” is a shaky excuse, at best. How many points did LSU put up on Bama? Oh that’s right, none.
            I didnt realize just how extensive LSU's depth issues were for that game until today, that matters. Nothing shaky about it, but sure, Texas is WAAAAAAYYYYY better than the Georgia team who went yard for yard with Bama.

            Originally posted by MC25 View Post
            Stats definitely don’t win games, points do
            Points matter in determining who won the game. Stats matter in determining what the games mean.

            Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
            That Texas win was legit. UGA is a good team. But Vandy and Mizzou? Sorry. Those are the bottom feeders of the SEC. But congrats? I guess? Whatever you Big12 guys gotta do to make yourselves feel better. Your best team got beat by our best, and your 2nd best beat our 2nd best. So a solid bowl outing for those two teams (Oklahoma still played a great game, props to them) but no one cares about Vandy and Mizzou.
            Their little brother inferiority complex comes out every year around bowl season. Then we bring in the top recruits, play the biggest games, and forget the Big12 exists until next years bowl season.

            Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
            Crow to high heaven. Other then the semi and national title games do you know what these bowl games mean? Nothing but money for that schools!
            And CR always comes in with the truth I know is right but I don't want to face until A&M is the ones in the Championship game.
            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

            I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

            "LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

            Comment


            • So fellas....................................

              Bama favored by 6 and the O/U is 59.5

              Who wins straight up and ATS?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                So fellas....................................

                Bama favored by 6 and the O/U is 59.5

                Who wins straight up and ATS?
                I was watching some sport show and they talk about Saban slow playing the last 6 minutes of the game. It was the most expensive 6 minutes of the game when it came to the spread!

                I bet Saban didn't even know what the spread was.
                -Tim

                Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                  Crow to high heaven. Other then the semi and national title games do you know what these bowl games mean? Nothing but money for that schools!
                  Interesting perspective, you are right. The same is true about all games, bowl games, semi-finals, championship, etc. They all are about money for the universities and television networks. Even the team that wins it all - it just is more money and more bragging rights.

                  But in life - it really doesn't mean anything. That is why it is called sports entertainment.

                  Comment


                  • I'm pretty sure LSU was pulling fans in jerseys out of the stands to play defense by the end of that game.

                    But all jokes aside, we had backup WR's playing defense by the end of the game.

                    Both teams went into the game saying "no excuses" but I heard a lot of them from UCF fans after the game.
                    2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                    2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                    Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

                    Originally posted by uplandbird
                    Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jbmccul View Post
                      I'm pretty sure LSU was pulling fans in jerseys out of the stands to play defense by the end of that game.

                      But all jokes aside, we had backup WR's playing defense by the end of the game.

                      Both teams went into the game saying "no excuses" but I heard a lot of them from UCF fans after the game.
                      LSU, the new 12th Man
                      2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

                      I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

                      "LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kscrib View Post
                        Interesting perspective, you are right. The same is true about all games, bowl games, semi-finals, championship, etc. They all are about money for the universities and television networks. Even the team that wins it all - it just is more money and more bragging rights.

                        But in life - it really doesn't mean anything. That is why it is called sports entertainment.
                        The semi and national title games have a purpose and that is to crown a champion (and make the school/networks money). The other bowl games are purely money makers.

                        All of it is entertainment to us. If it wasn't and no one watched then there wouldn't be televised games because there would be no money to be made. But that is the same with with all televised sports. Hell I guess television in general is just a business.
                        -Tim

                        Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

                        Comment


                        • Anyone care to make a prediction?

                          Comment


                          • Clemson : 34
                            Alabama : 27

                            Comment


                            • Clemson - 24
                              Bama - 21
                              Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

                              2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                              1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                              Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

                              "Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                              "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

                              Comment


                              • Clemson - 38
                                Bama - 31
                                2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                                2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

                                Originally posted by uplandbird
                                Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X